Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just Started Using an Auto CPAP this week for 1st time
Just Started Using an Auto CPAP this week for 1st time
Hello,

I am a newbie. This is my first week using an Auto-CPAP, and it has been pretty rough. I have downloaded the SleepyHead software, and I seem to have a problem with Clear Airway Apneas. I will go 25 to 50 seconds without breathing. Anyways, I'm going to hang in there and hope this thing helps!

-B
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just Started Using an Auto CPAP this week for 1st time
Hi ApneaintheATL,
Welcome to the forum.

Most new users tend to see Clear Airways at the beginning of treatment. What is more important is the breakdown of your AHI number.
How many Hypopneas, Obstructives, and Clear Airways. A lot of times, once you are on therapy for awhile and have adjusted your pressure if needed, the Clear Airways settle down.

Glad to see you have downloaded #SleepyHead. Here is the Beginners Guide to SH. Skim through it, there is a lot to learn.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Once you get a few more posts in, and a couple more days of data, you can upload that data here and someone would be happy to take a look at anything you may be concerned about.

Here are a couple links to help you understand what we need to see when you are ready to upload and how to go about it.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback! It is definitely uncomfortable at this time, but hopefully I can push through because I know much needed rest is on the other side.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ApneaintheATL,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand that CAs can be a byproduct of CPAP/APAP. They are supposed to settle down over time. It is good idea not to over do the pressure on the low end. If you see your pressure on Sleepyhead spending a lot of time on the bottom of the graph (lowest pressure you have it set to) then you might try lowering the pressure by .5 at a time. It can take days for pressure changes to take effect so go slow when messing with pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 69 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 549 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 228 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 462 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 144 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 756 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.