Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Remstar Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: APAP since 8/2/2010, AHI average/yr = 2.10

Sex: Male

Just Want To Say, "Thank You".
I came to this board looking for information to access my own CPAP data and to adjust my own pressures. I got more than I bargained for.

The knowledge I've gained from this board in just a few days has brought me to a whole new level of understanding of: 1) what apnea is and isn't, 2) what CPAP technology can and can not do, and, 3) how the medical industry (mfgr/doctor/DME's collectively) are once again generating an income opportunity for themselves by withholding information about us, from us. I applaud this forum's viewpoint on patient empowerment and hope that I can contribute some worthwhile input along the way. For now I just have to say, "Thank you, thank you".

Ironically I am a manufacturing and automation engineer. I design PLC driven pneumatic equipment with logging capability ...(sound like a CPAP machine?) ...for the food processing industry. I can see from many postings I've read on this site that a vast majority of apnea patients have been lured into the medical industry's aggrandizement of mechanically induced PAP, ignoring the fact that our bodies are CPAP machines to begin with. In that regard it should be recognized that the challenge of CPAP technology is how to keep your air passages open without interfering with the body's natural ability to be the CPAP machine that it ALREADY IS. That is not an oversimplification, it is the base line upon which more complex assessments should be built. For example, it should raise the question of whether better AHI indexes are also a measure of the CPAP machine's "health". Just saying....

Again, thanks. I like it here.
- Scott

--==<< old, experienced, but still curious >>==--
05-29-2012 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Bompa Offline

Monitors

Machine: DreamStation Pro
Mask Make & Model: Nuance Pro
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifer
CPAP Pressure: 12.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

RE: Just Want To Say, "Thank You".
You'll find a lot of useful and helpful information on the forum. They are all good people here and a fountain of knowledge.
Sleep-well
05-30-2012 10:21 AM
ScottBerglin Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Respironics System One Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Remstar Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: APAP since 8/2/2010, AHI average/yr = 2.10

RE: Just Want To Say, "Thank You".
Thanks Bompa. I've already found a wealth of information and I'm very grateful...yes, lots of good people here!
Best Regards,
Scott

--==<< old, experienced, but still curious >>==--
05-30-2012 12:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board