Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just a simple reminder.
Just a simple reminder.
I'm using (and liking) a Resmed AirFit F30 FFM. I have been for some time now. Well into the night, it begins to leak a bit, making a minor noise that I hear. 

I was thinking that it was the silicone cushion heating up enough for it to become more pliable. Last night, I tightened up my headgear some, as it felt a little loose. I adjusted the two lower straps and made them a bit more snug. 

Put it on and it felt fine. Not too tight or snug. I got 7.5 hrs. of sleep last night, my AHI was 0.4 and it didn't make any noise. 

Which reminds me, I'm going to give it (headgear) a good cleaning today.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just a simple reminder.
Thanks!

I usually clean mask, tubing, water chamber and change air filter the first of every month.
Also, wash the P10 headgear in hot water to shrink it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations Big Guy! Good to see.

I have taken your advice and washed the headgear on my N20 a few times in hot water. Makes a difference. Before you suggested it I used to let it stretch, throw it away, and buy a new mask. Then I would fight with my benefit insurance.

Washing the headgear in hot water has helped me. Somehow it seems tighter, and my settings don't need to be so tight.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, yep.

I love my F30i and have noticed the same. Similar to your F30. I had the same problem with all FFMs, including dreamwear and others.

Headgear:

Just washed my headgear this week, didn't find it helped much.
Swapped back to my older headgear, just as old, didn't help much.

I know they are old because they don't stretch as much.
And also I have cm markings on them (felt tip marker) which helps with placing them in consistent fashion. 
These marks have faded, so I know the headgear is old.

So, took advantage of the End of Year sale hear for new Headgear and cushion.

I also find that when my neck is flexed with a thicker pillow, the mask leaks more, and I have to tighten the straps a bit.
With a flatter cushion, neck more extended, better seal.

Cushions
I wash these every morning.

I find that my leaks during each night are different. More leaks when I am side sleeping. It is winter here, room is a bit cooler, I am side sleeping more>> more leaks.

Also, I find I have somewhat oily facial skin, and this doesn't help the silicone seal to my face.
So before bedtime and before each sleep session, I wash face with soap and water, and wipe down the silicone cushion with face wipes. 
Helps the cushion to seal, and stops it slipping around.

I place a face wipe in an air-tight container next to my bed: each face wipe will last a week or more.
When I get up at night, wash face with soap and water, wipe down silicone with face wipe, fresh start for each sleep session.

Also noticed that if my humidity setting is too high, or the room temp drops and I get condensation in the mask, then moisture will creep between mask and face, and break the seal. 

My leaks are really under control, and don't affect my therapy but the noise from the leaks wakes me and annoy me.

If all else fails: a sleeping aid helps: on nights when I take one even if I have higher than average leaks I sleep right through them.

Just some ideas, hope this helps...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad I read this thread. Ironically I had just asked that very question in my post this morning. 

I wash my DreamWear mask every day in baby shampoo and warm water. I also wash my face really good before bed. I also like the idea of having some wipes or even a hand towel by the bed. Thank you! By the time morning approaches, the mask is really sliding around and it would be nice to grab a wipe or a small towel and reach under the mask and wipe the gunk off.  Happy Eyes

As far as the straps of the headgear, I have never washed them. That sounds really gross actually. I am due in August, but I may splurge and get some new straps now since they've never been cleaned.  I am really careful about tubing washes though(headgear and mask and tube)

Mask: everyday
Headgear tubing 1-2 weeks in baby shampoo, 
Tube once a month in white vinegar /water mix

I also sterilize all components(other than the strap) in white vinegar once a month. 

In closing, I never in my life have even remotely dreamt of using a CPAP, and even more of a stretch, actually using it and staying with it religiously...and most of all, becoming a CPAP nerd and posting charts on an Apnea Forum!   Loco Dielaughing

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2021, 09:40 AM)Rice95 Wrote: As far as the straps of the headgear, I have never washed them. That sounds really gross actually. 

Huhsign
Yikes.  My hair is too oily for that.  Dawn to the rescue.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
My hair is super short …I have really dry hair 
…BUT this still won’t happen again. I was worried it would shrink if washed …time for a new one
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2021, 02:44 PM)Rice95 Wrote: My hair is super short …I have really dry hair.

I wish mine was dry.  Your so lucky.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 0 757 04-01-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  simple P30i leak fix hegel 21 2,691 12-16-2022, 04:17 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
Smile [News] REMINDER - TIME CHANGE AHEAD srlevine1 2 594 11-03-2022, 09:27 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH
  [Admin Note] Reminder concerning advice offered via Private Messages SuperSleeper 1 1,101 10-27-2022, 09:27 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CSR simple explaination? drgrimes 20 1,480 12-31-2021, 05:52 AM
Last Post: multicast
  Filter reminder to those in the West Deborah K. 6 717 08-09-2021, 11:31 PM
Last Post: JJJ
Cool [News] REMINDER - DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME srlevine1 17 2,218 03-08-2020, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.