Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Latest Firmware For Respironics Remstar Auto A-Flex 560?
RE: Latest Firmware For Respironics Remstar Auto A-Flex 560?
(08-29-2014, 07:19 PM)joemac05 Wrote: I got mine less than two weeks ago... Just went and had a look it's 3.06 as well. Dunno how you would acquire a new version and install it..
I don,t think there is a way to install a new version other than buying a new machine with the latest version
Manufacturers do not tell us what is the updates in the new version, cannot be much improvement, otherwise it will be a new machine.
Something like the new ResMed AirSense 10 with some changes and modification on the S9
or PR system one 60 series with the heated tube humidifier option
Post Reply Post Reply
Your DME should be able to do the update, if one is available. They should have the adapter to do the update.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my A flex 560 on 12/30/2014. Date of manufacture is 11/20/2014 and the version is also 3.06
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got mine about three weeks ago. FW 3.06.

I'm using the Philips Respironics SleepMapper software (downloaded from sleepmapper.com) on my PC. Using that program, if you look at the logs, on each connection/upload of SD data, there is this entry:

"INFO: New device settings are not required for user's device"

I'm wondering if it automatically checks for firmware and might download new firmware to the SD card, then install it after you reinsert the SD card. I have no idea, but it's a possibility.

BTW....I know they have an Android Sleepmapper app. I couldn't possibly recommend installing it due to the permissions required, which are completely ridiculous:

Version 1.4 can access:
Identity: find accounts on the device
Contacts: read your contacts
Phone: directly call phone numbers, read call log
Camera: take pictures and videos
Device ID & call information: read phone status and identity
Other: receive data from Internet, full network access, view network connections, access Bluetooth settings, pair with Bluetooth devices, prevent device from sleeping, run at startup, control vibration
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2015, 12:58 PM)Pig Vomit Wrote: BTW....I know they have an Android Sleepmapper app. I couldn't possibly recommend installing it due to the permissions required, which are completely ridiculous:

Version 1.4 can access:
Identity: find accounts on the device
Contacts: read your contacts
Phone: directly call phone numbers, read call log
Camera: take pictures and videos
Device ID & call information: read phone status and identity
Other: receive data from Internet, full network access, view network connections, access Bluetooth settings, pair with Bluetooth devices, prevent device from sleeping, run at startup, control vibration

I agree they're horrendous, but they probably have fairly benign reasons.

Identity: Needed if they're going to log into their site (probably using Android Sync Adapters to do it in the background)
Contacts: They probably use it to get your identity (Your "Me" Contact card)
Location: It's not GPS, so they probably use your network providers to see what country you're in.
Phone: These are the crappy ones, You can dial a number by simply using a URI (like tel:1800303030) and no permissions are required.
Camera: It might use some barcode recognition.
Device ID & call Information: phone status and identity is needed for the Background Sync
Other: Mostly connecting to devices, vibrating with alerts, starting automatically and syncing off the internet.

I bet they've got barcode scanning code and they've just stolen the source for Zxing's Barcode Scanner (which in uses Contacts and Calling so you can create a barcode with contact details or call a contact received by barcode).

Still, I'd tell them to trim their permissions before I install, doubt they'll listen, 99% of people don't look at permissions, they just hit "Accept".
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2014, 09:02 PM)Paralel Wrote: Does anyone know what the latest firmware version is for the Respironics Remstar Auto A-Flex 560?

It doesn't really matter unless you're willing to go to extraordinary lengths. It's updatable if you have a special cable and the updater software to flash it, and the updated firmware, and don't mind possibly bricking your machine. It's about the same as flashing new firmware on a cell phone or router.

I've never heard of a DME actually doing it or of anybody sending a machine back for update, but if you manage to pull it off, let us know!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,258 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 678 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,127 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 580 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.