Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just another test
Cool 
Just another test
Hey Sleepster or any Moderators, Just finished my third test on the 2nd and now they have decided to scrap the Auto BiPap machine and go back to CPap with a set pressure of 12. Technologist says they do not know where the BiPap idea came from so 6 months later I am back to CPap with a set pressure. Is there any way to set my VAuto machine to 12 in order to see what happens? In reference to posting on 11/27/2015 at 5:52 PM
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just another test
If you go into the the clinician menu and make the IPAP and EPAP the same (12), you'll have the equivalent of a CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2015, 09:39 PM)Lost53 Wrote: Hey Sleepster or any Moderators, Just finished my third test on the 2nd and now they have decided to scrap the Auto BiPap machine and go back to CPap with a set pressure of 12. Technologist says they do not know where the BiPap idea came from so 6 months later I am back to CPap with a set pressure. Is there any way to set my VAuto machine to 12 in order to see what happens? In reference to posting on 11/27/2015 at 5:52 PM

Yes, that machine can be set to mode: CPAP in the clinical menu.
Then you set the pressure to 12.

It has 3 modes: CPAP, VPAP S, and (VPAP) Auto.

(12-08-2015, 10:26 PM)ramblingasian Wrote: If you go into the the clinician menu and make the IPAP and EPAP the same (12), you'll have the equivalent of a CPAP.

No reason for that; it has a CPAP mode.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they try you on an ASV? you had a *lot* of Central Apnea, both on initial study and on your current machine - right?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 118 2 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 213 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 355 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  First Sleep Test OwenTrantor 56 3,996 02-19-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.