Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just bought my first machine, feeling excited !
Sad 
Just bought my first machine, feeling excited !
Evening Everyone,

I've been trialling an airsense 10 autoset for the past month and quite frankly I'm flabbergasted at how much it has improved my quality of life. I can't believe that I didn't sort this out sooner..

Anyhow, I've taken the plunge today and ordered the same machine from my sleep physician. And to make it even better, he knocked a whopping $750 off the price when I pointed out online prices. I picked up the machine, p10 pillows mask, and an extended five year warranty for just $2200, couldn't be happier!

Thanks to all on here for the amazing advice and expertise offered. It has truly opened my eyes to just how serious sufferers of OSA need to take the condition.

Happy sleeping everyone Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just bought my first machine, feeling excited !
are you in the United States the reason I ask this question is because I wanted to see if you were offered the extended warranty in the United States
Post Reply Post Reply
No I'm in Australia. I actually looked into buying from the US, but what would have been a viable proposition a couple years ago, didn't really make much sense given the poor value of the AUD. I can claim back $800 from my private health insurance which makes it roughly the same price, the difference being that a local warranty is much more desirable.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day tml678, welcome to Apnea Board.

Which medical fund gave you an $800 refund? That's a pretty good return.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tml678,
It's great to hear that you were able to get your first machine, CONGRATULATIONS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, I had a solid 7hrs last night and at work today feeling on top of the world, so happy! DeepBreathing - Im with teachers health, it may only be open to NSW residents, im not sure sorry..
Post Reply Post Reply
Medibank Private only give $500 every 5 years! So the question is to go for the Ikon or splash out for the Ikon Auto? The Clinic Advisor says that the maximum pressure shouldn't change over time and therefore I don't need the auto (especially as my pressure setting is only 7.0). The Doc is also against the fancy algorithms. After two months of trials - and now got a chin strap that minimises leaks - finally getting better sleep, although still not the best yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am tempted to purchase the A10 here in the UK as well. I read so many positive reports about the machine, it is encouraging. Out of interest, is this your first machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2015, 06:32 AM)tml678 Wrote: I can claim back $800 from my private health insurance which makes it roughly the same price, the difference being that a local warranty is much more desirable.
Make sense with the rebate, otherwise without the rebate would be too pricey

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats tml678 on the great results you are experiencing with your therapy!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 281 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 546 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.