Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just checking in
Just checking in
[attachment=798]I've had my machine now for almost a month - seems like longer - each night is such an adventure. I am feeling much better, my mind is actually clear in the morning. I seem to have control over my leaks. I think I have good sleep hygiene - lots of water during the day, don't eat or drink after 8PM, getting more exercise... I just can't seem to get my events down - I have about 30/night. My AHI is hanging in there under 5. Earlier in the month my AHI was 3.5 - I seem to be creeping up.

Any ideas or do I just have to be patient and hang in there knowing I am on the right track?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just checking in
(04-26-2014, 06:32 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Any ideas or do I just have to be patient and hang in there knowing I am on the right track?
From my limited knowledge, it appears that you are doing all the right things with good results. I think you're right with your belief that you are on the right track and (dang it) must be patient. The important thing now is to assess whether you feel good during the day. There are no numbers for that but it is, after all, our goal.

Post Reply Post Reply
Keeping in mind that I'm not a medical professional of any sort... I think your doing well.
Leaks look good. Your machine is responding to events well.

You are having a few central apneas. They may reduce with time.

Keep in mind that every night is different. for example, I went to bed about 2 hours later than my regular routine last night.
Yet, my AHI was 0.8 last night while it's been running about 3.

Keep at it... and best wishes.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Events flags and flow rate charts are missing
Look at duration of events too

Leak rate appear to be quite good but those spikes indicate some mouth leaks, have you tried chinstrap?

Experiment with EPR levels or turn off if you can live without, some people reported better results but might not works for everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears to me that there is a lot of range between the min and max pressures. In the example you posted, look at the second session of the night. From 2:00 - 4:30. Notice that your pressures had settled down to a lower rate, and at the same time your apnea events reduced substantially.

I wouldn't do anything until Paula or RobySue has a chance to weigh in on this, but it looks to me like you might be well off by reducing your max pressure to around 14.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 07:16 AM)zonk Wrote: Events flags and flow rate charts are missing
Look at duration of events too

Leak rate appear to be quite good but those spikes indicate some mouth leaks, have you tried chinstrap?

Experiment with EPR levels or turn off if you can live without, some people reported better results but might not works for everyone

Zonk,

See attached for event flags and flow rate charts. I have tried a chinstrap and they don't work for me. I am currently taping and as you have noticed still mouth leaking ( through 2 layers of tape ) Until my FF mask arrives, this is my best option. Looks like taping does not work at these new high pressures. I now have more incentive to make the FF mask work. Last night was a record on CA's. What is going on????

As far as the EPR levels I'll give that a shot.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you know when you are having mouth leaks in your sleep as opposed to nose leaks?
The only thing I read about leaks is my 95% number.
Could someone please tell me what graph I should be looking at please? Especially if it will tell me if I am having mouth leaks.

Readyforsleep, so happy things appear to be going well for you. You sound as if you are reaping benefits, you go girl.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes zonk how can you tell they are mouth leaks??
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 08:47 PM)readyforsleep Wrote: Yes zonk how can you tell they are mouth leaks??
Post #1 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-3

ResScan Report Interpretation Guide ... page 57
This detailed leak graph shows significant leak episodes in some periods and none at all in other periods

The high level of leaks (> 24 L/min) and their characteristic plateau shape (steep rise, flattening off then returning to the base line) indicate the presence of significant and variable leaks, most likely mouth leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2014, 08:47 PM)readyforsleep Wrote: Yes zonk how can you tell they are mouth leaks??

Thanks for your help Zonk.

I use SleepyHead software as well. Looks like we have to download the ResScan software programme.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Checking pressure Made 2 368 10-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  On my 4th week, checking in tormund 3 675 03-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Last Post: tormund
  New guy checking in MikeWarner 2 683 12-03-2020, 10:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Just checking in ... how am I looking? Harlon 4 1,078 07-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Harlon
Question Double checking to see if I have properly identified my machine florida34972 1 915 06-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Thumbsup Checking in Vitamin J 1 1,077 10-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  [Equipment] Checking Hours on an S9 Elite drbones 2 1,343 10-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: drbones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.