Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just diagnosed but headed back for 2nd study. Advice?
RE: Just diagnosed but headed back for 2nd study. Advice?
Thanks for everyone's input on this matter as I value all of it.

I upped my Min EPAP to 8.5 for a week. I would say overall the difference was minimal if anything. I did my first night of Min EPAP of 9 last night and the results were great. Now it was only 1 night so it doesn't means much but my hypopneas were in much better shape and not one OA or CA to speak of. I'm excited to see how the rest of this week goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've switched to the P10 which I absolutely love. I occasionally wake up due to mouth breathing and the sensation of a tsunami exiting my face. The question is, is my current mouth breather leaking that big of an issue while I train myself to keep my trap shut or is it bad enough that I should force the chin strap or collar on?

I know my numbers are going to be a bit out of whack until I get used to the new nasal mask but I'm still pleased with my numbers.

[Image: crNNoMj.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leaks are no worse than mine, and it appears you self-correct.

I told you resistance was futile. Enjoy the P10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot Sleeprider. I will try to do what you say. Thanks again!

Opalrose I tried to send you a pm. Did you get it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I just made a mess
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont know what I am doing...........
Post Reply Post Reply
Nitro, Do you need some help?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I like the ramp feature. My respiratory therapist set it on 4 to begin with and then goes to 10 which is what I needed during the sleep study. I usually relax and read while it's on the low pressure. I sometimes see it change to 10 but I don't even feel the difference at that point because it's gradual. Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 15 257 1 hour ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Questions on sleep study nikkib9899 0 45 11 hours ago
Last Post: nikkib9899
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,427 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 50 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.