Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just diagnosed, really want Airsense 11, any advice?
Just diagnosed, really want Airsense 11, any advice?
Hello everyone!

I’m freshly diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. My wife has been asking me to take a sleep test for 10 years. I kept putting it off for one reason or another. Now that I know for sure I have sleep apnea and was told how bad it really is ( 59 events per hour , 51% blood oxygen ) I’m upset with myself and to be honest, scared.

Since being diagnosed two weeks ago the medical supply companies my sleep doctor sent me to have given me the run around. I still don’t have anything. I think one of them will get me the Airsense 10 Auto but still not sure. My dear wife has called everyone we can find to see if I can buy the new Airsense 11 with no luck. I really don’t want to spend 1100.00 on the 10 when I could buy the 11. Does anyone know where I can buy an 11 right now? Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 
Neal
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just diagnosed, really want Airsense 11, any advice?
Try calling suppliers listed on our Supplier List.   The AS11 is still too new to show up on their websites.  The link to the Suppliers List is [HERE] and at the top of each page.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can't find it, I'd rather you get the ResMed 10 than delay treatment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In August 2014 I was in exactly the same place as you but with the A10 and A10 forHer coming out. I'm not sure that I made the right decision, but I held out for the A10 and went untreated until Oct 10. If I had held out for the ForHer, it would have been another 4-6 weeks.

(I'm still royally P*ssed that ResMed did the "for her" crap which just complicated their supply chains. They've fixed that in the 11 -- they've just put all of their software on every Airsense11 and let the medical professionals -- or patients -- sort out what's needed.)

With the current complications of supply chains, I think that you are better off taking whatever Autoset 10 you can get. In fact, I believe that my original Autoset10 is identical to the S9 in algorithm, and things like EasyBreathe and RERA detection had to wait for another 2-3 years.

I believe that the A11 is identical in options and algorithms to the Autoset10 ForHer.
Post Reply Post Reply
A slight correction - according to the User Manual I have seen, there are three models of AirSense 11: the Autoset, Elite, and CPAP. The Autoset is, of course, the desired model. It includes the 'for Her' algorithms as a new Mode, in addition to APAP and CPAP.

As far as I can tell, the algorithms and options are substantially the same as the AS10.

There are some mechanical improvements which should help in reliability and maintainability.

But who knows when there will be general availability...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snag that A10 from Supplier #2 for $419 and start therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the heads up. I need an auto set. I only see the A10 regular for 419.00.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I thought it was. But I would call them. I bet they could fix you up with a auto set for a good price.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see some 'Gently Used' AutoSet for Her models at $680, and some New Autoset for her at $890. Same as an Autoset plus a 'gentle/softer' mode...

ResMeds are harder to find now that they are the only reasonable choice.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 96 Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,036 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 169 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 195 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 756 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,607 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 354 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.