Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just diagnosed
RE: Just diagnosed
(05-13-2014, 05:36 AM)jb1176 Wrote: I think I have discovered the cause of the irritation from the P10 nasal mask - at least what I think is causing my problem. There is a tiny ridge or edge around the frame of the nasal mask where the pillows snap into the frame. At night that ridge pushes into the skin at the base of my nose above the lip area. The lanolin ointment helps the discomfort during the day but the process repeats itself again at night. The curious thing is that the irritation is only on my right side. I'll try the cotton wool idea, but really there is a fault in the construction of the mask itself probably coming from the molding process such that a sharp edge is left as the mask frame is formed. I can feel the sharp edge around the whole face frame with my finger. Wonder if ResMed could be told about this fault?Huh

Jb it is exactly the same for me, only on one side but the left for me. I surmise the same as you about the construction of the pillow that is causing the problem.
The lanolin helps with the healing in the day but does not help with the irritation again at night. Each night I have to put a soft piece of cotton wool in there. My sore has healed now but I know if I took cotton wool away it would come back.
Good luck.

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Learning every day about this machine. Was able to turn on sleep quality statistics so info will show AHI and mask leak face.

Five nights with the machine. Sleep study said I had an average of 35.8 events over two hour period. Now ResMed AutoSet S9 sleep quality report says AHI is 2 at pressure level 7 which I surmise is a great improvement from the sleep study report. I'm pleased with the results.

Any ideas how to get the AHI lower than 2?

Thanks everyone for your help. This is a real learning process.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't get in a hurry about trying to lower your AHI right now. 2 is a very good AHI compared to what your untreated AHI was.

Which machine did you wind up with? Your sig just says ResMed S9. There's several models of the S9, Escape, Escape Auto, Elite, Autoset, etc.?

It would also be a good idea to get Sleepyhead or Rescan software unless you got one of the Escape models.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2014, 10:51 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Don't get in a hurry about trying to lower your AHI right now. 2 is a very good AHI compared to what your untreated AHI was.

Which machine did you wind up with? Your sig just says ResMed S9. There's several models of the S9, Escape, Escape Auto, Elite, Autoset, etc.?

It would also be a good idea to get Sleepyhead or Rescan software unless you got one of the Escape models.

ResMed S9 AutoSet
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
With the AutoSet you'd be a good candidate for Sleepyhead.
What computer operating system do you use?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2014, 01:57 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: With the AutoSet you'd be a good candidate for Sleepyhead.
What computer operating system do you use?

Mac 10.4.11 old operating system on a macbook laptop.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You mentioned travel. For air travel - Never,never,never check it!!!
Keep in mind that the machine is exempt from your carry-on allowance. As a medical device, the airlines have to let you take it on the plane. I occasionally get stopped during boarding for excess carry-on. As soon as I let them know it's a cpap machine, they let me board
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2014, 03:09 PM)johnnyashe Wrote: You mentioned travel. For air travel - Never,never,never check it!!!
Keep in mind that the machine is exempt from your carry-on allowance. As a medical device, the airlines have to let you take it on the plane. I occasionally get stopped during boarding for excess carry-on. As soon as I let them know it's a cpap machine, they let me board

Thanks. I thought I was going to have to pack the ResMed bag inside another carry on.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 20 289 7 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 51 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,804 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First-time CPAP Machine Advice (Newly Diagnosed OSA) Franko39 2 408 11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.