Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just downloaded Oscar and overwhelmed
Gross 
Just downloaded Oscar and overwhelmed
Can anyone give me a hand on how to read this data and even give me a suggestion on what to adjust, if at all? I’m not even sure what to screenshot!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just downloaded Oscar and overwhelmed
Hello and Welcome to Apnea Board!

This OSCAR Guide will help.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

You need to use the F12 key to take a screenshot of the daily page. There are links in my signature line to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at my last link on charts. It also gives a lot of information on OSCAR.  Read how to take a screenshot (F12) and what charts to include.  Post your nights OSCAR and ask any questions. You will get the help you want.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely done on the chart. With pressure from 6.0 to 15.0 and EPR at 2 your have very good results. Events are mainly split between obstructive apnea and hypopnea and each is less than 1 per hour. Before making suggestions, do you have a comfort or other issue with your therapy? This looks like a very good start for a new user.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose everything has been fine so far! The only issue I have is some nights I’ll wake up in a mini panic attack after 2-3 hours of sleep but this is very rare and only happens if I’ve eaten too close to bed or didn’t take my acid reflux meds. If everything looks good I’ll probably leave as is, unless you have any ideas or ways to improve? So far I’m loving this device and how it’s improved my life
Post Reply Post Reply
Anxiety is something we see fairly often with new users of CPAP. Your therapy is fine, and we can try some changes to increase comfort, but there is nothing to be concerned with here. Your pressure is effective an minimal pressure, and the only reason pressure rises is flow limits that sometimes graduate to hypopnea. If you want to try a little more EPR, it might resolve that. If this is typical for you, then try settings of minim,um pressure 7.0, Maximum pressure 14.0 and EPR 3. Compare results and comfort and continue to use what is most comfortable. Much of CPAP optimization is trial and error, and you should not hesitate to try conservative modifications of your therapy settings, just try to not make a lot of large changes, or make changes until your therapy has settled to allow a trend to be observed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice the legends aren't properly legible on your screen. Do you have a high-resolution monitor? That can cause some appearance problems on Windows.

If so, go to the OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki and see the section on "OSCAR Graphics Problems."
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,185 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 893 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  [Symptoms] Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? coleperkins12 4 632 11-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Stressed and overwhelmed N00b - Where to start? araminta 9 918 06-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  [Equipment] High RDI low AHI. Overwhelmed with machine choices, OSCAR data, etc.. ldinks 8 2,655 12-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only partial data downloaded to SD card mike231a 12 1,552 07-27-2020, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Overwhelmed DotLove 11 1,520 07-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.