Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just finished ASV titration study
Just finished ASV titration study
Just got home from an ASV titration study. I'm awake but felt a little better a couple of weeks ago when I was retested on my Bipap ST with them setting it at 20/16. Which they weren't able to keep the centrals under control with at
that setting, so that's why the ASV, which was a resmed s9 vpap asv.
Chest is a little sore, but I believe that's from the different machine and the higher pressure, which I'm not use to.

STOP THE SNORE !!!!Huhsign
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just finished ASV titration study
Hi Sleeplurker. Do you mean the S9 VPAP Adapt ASV? I have one of these and it's a great machine.The pacewave technology is very gentle and it has totally killed my apneas. From an initial AHI >60, I'm now constantly under 1.0, and most of those are hypopneas during the transition in and out of sleep. Most nights I don't have a single apnea.

The very high pressures can be a bit hard to take, but I find my machine doesn't hit the highs as much as it used to, so maybe there's some kind of positive feedback where the body responds better and doesn't need such high pressures after a while? Maybe, maybe not. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just finished ASV titration study
Hi DeepBreathing...... thanks for the reply. YOU were right it was a resmed s9 vpap adaptsv. Not sure which machine i'll end up with. Just found out that the DME that I've been using has a policy of getting their customers the latest and greatest. Just in case I'm getting a copy of the prescription and have been talking with a couple of other DME's.

STOP THE SNORE!!!! Huhsign
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 244 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 534 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 66 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.