Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just found out I have Severe OSA
RE: Just found out I have Severe OSA
Thank you all so much. Those desat numbers looked alarming, but I didn't know what they meant. It's scaring me even more now.

When you say "you should get a pulse oximeter that is compatible with OSCAR" - do I order that with the CPAP machine (ie, is it connected to it) or is that something separate? Sorry, this is all a little overwhelming.
Post Reply Post Reply
Download OSCAR and look at the Oximeter Wizard. These devices are a separate purchase. I do fully expect your CPAP to resolve this. This will give you a way to verify it. Do note that Sats tend to be lower at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify: when you look at the Oximetry Wizard, here is what you'll see:

Pulse Oximeters are medical devices used to measure blood oxygen saturation. During extended Apnea events and abnormal breathing patterns, blood oxygen saturation levels can drop significantly, and can indicate issues that need medical attention.

OSCAR gives you the ability to track Oximetry data alongside CPAP session data, which can give valuable insight into the effectiveness of CPAP treatment. It will also work standalone with your Pulse Oximeter, allowing you to store, track and review your recorded data.

OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters.
(Note: Direct importing from bluetooth models is probably not possible yet).

You may wish to note, other companies, such as Pulox, simply rebadge Contec CMS50's under new names, such as the Pulox PO-200, PO-300, PO-400. These should also work.

It also can read from ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter.dat files.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I called my primary's office again to ask about the prescription. Left a message, no response.  Then I reached out to the sleep center to ask if I could have a copy of the physician's report. I've attached it. I see that all my primary has to do is sign it and fax it back. I don't get what's the hold up.

I mentioned to the sleep center that I would like a Resmed Airsense 10 or 11 Autoset, and the guy said he usually sends the prescription (after he gets the signature from my doc) to a supplier that deals mainly with Phillips, but he would be willing to send it to another place if I want Resmed. I checked one supplier (Apria) that is in-network for my insurance, and Resmed is out of stock. What do I do?

Also I notice that the oximeter is not listed on the list. Do I request that they add it or can I order it without it being on the list?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
buy the oximeter via Amazon or some such vendor.

Because of the Phillips recall, ResMed volume has been way up resulting in shortages and higher prices (demand).
Read this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Of-Network it is possible to get a credit against your deductible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your help! If I buy an auto CPAP at a local vendor, would I have the help of some kind of respiratory therapist? I'm worried that I won't have any help if I order online.

I did buy a pulse oximeter for Covid tracking, but I think it's freestanding? Would have to figure out if it can connect to a CPAP. Or is that a different kind of oximeter?
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt you have an oximeter that connects to your xPAP. Maybe o e that will download to OSCAR. The key thing for an oximeter for apnea is that it monitors overnight
Post Reply Post Reply
Yoonseri, we can probably provide you more insight into your therapy than any RT at Apria ever will. The have a bit of a reputation for ignoring patients and you might want to look at their reviews. I would shop the DMEs in-network for your insurance and see if you can find one that has Resmed available. With the shortage of CPAP machines, we have had members use online suppliers and gotten approval from their insurance to be reimbursed. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Of-Network
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do I want the "For Her" version?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome,
I would love to know how you feel after using the machine for a few nights.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 138 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 122 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 788 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 525 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 544 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
Money [Diagnosis] Severe Sleep Apnea - Titration Test Completed Apnea45 42 2,874 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Apnea45
  Can Mild OSA (AHI of 9) + Severe PLMD be Responsible for severe symptoms? gohoos1998 14 939 11-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.