Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just found out I have Severe OSA
RE: Just found out I have Severe OSA
Ah, good to know. Thank you!

I'm having trouble with the oximeter. I got the Contec CMS50D-BT, and the instructions are not clear. There's only one button. If I press it, there's a loud beep, then a "welcome" screen...I put my finger in, the O2 level and pulse measurements seem fine, but then it shuts off and says, "bye bye." I can't figure out how to turn off the sound or how I would wear it all night if it just shuts off. Also the date is wrong and I'm not sure how to fix it. That one button doesn't seem to get me anywhere other than the basic screen with beeps. Maybe I bought the wrong model?

I'm feeling subtle changes during the day. A tiny bit more energy. Not feeling the constant chest pressure any more. Also I use to always feel like I was taking shallow breaths while awake; now I'm taking deeper breaths, like my lungs are greedy for air. Does that make sense?

Do people find they need less hours of sleep after starting therapy?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2022, 12:03 AM)yoonseri Wrote: I'm having trouble with the oximeter. I got the Contec CMS50D-BT, ....

Did the oximeter come with a link to download software or an app?
Looking at the manual it mentions the unit will not store data unless the time has been "synchronized".   Presumably they mean using the software to set the time/date.

I know the CMS50F uses "Smart Device Assistant" software (Windows), but I'm not sure if it works with your particular model.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yoonseri  -  I have pasted 3 different user question replies in to help.  If you don't have the download link to the (Windows Only) Smart Device Assistant, please send me a PM.  Also, in order to communicate with your PC, requires the special USB cable supplied with your oximeter.  

Replies:
"1. Please download the latest version software from the link which printed on the sticker on the inside of the box
2. Make sure and use the USB cable provided in the package."

"When you take it off your finger it will eventually turn off by itself Then take it to your computer and plug it in. You do not have to turn it on to read the flash. The data should be there."

"To download into "SPO2 Assistant Review", after connecting to computer, press button to wake it up & then hold button again until you enter settings mode.
Settings mode will freeze while data is downloaded to app."

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps with the increase in energy during the day you're moving a little more briskly and breathing more deeply in response. Once people can sleep soundly, they tend to start getting the amount of sleep time that works best for them, which might be more or less than what they were getting before. Optimal sleep time can vary between people, some needing as little as 7 hours, others needing up to 9.

How was last night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Night 3 attached!

Crimson and Jeff, you guys are my heroes!! I looked inside the box and found the little sticker with the link inside. I would have not caught that for a long time, if ever! I'll try to config it this weekend. Thank you!

Dormeo, I think last night went mostly well until I woke up. I did wake up once (or twice?) in the middle of the night. Once I noticed how quiet it was...I thought maybe I had forgotten to turn it on! So I clicked on the dial and it was definitely on. However, in the morning I woke up to a louder airy sound (relative to the quiet earlier in the night) coming from my mask, and it seemed the pressure was higher. I thought, oh no, is my mask on okay? I looked at the machine and it had a happy face for the mask fit. But from the chart it looks like something happened? Does it look like my mask was leaking?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not entirely sure why the sound seemed louder, but you had a small leak similar to other small leaks in earlier parts of the night. Maybe it was louder because the pressure was higher? (The pressure went up in response to a little flurry of flow limitations.) Another really good-looking chart!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh okay, I guess I should research how leaks happen then. Or are they unavoidable?
Thanks for the help and encouragement!
Post Reply Post Reply
Most people have some leaks. Masks move around, and that can weaken the seal. Yours are very minor, so unless they start disturbing your sleep, you needn’t worry about them.
Post Reply Post Reply
HELP! My first 5 nights have gone better than expected with AHI < 1.0.

Last night (night #6) I woke up around 2:45 am, looked over at my machine and it said AHI was 6.5.
I couldn't fall back asleep right away. but I eventually did. A few hours later, I woke up and my AHI said 4.x.  Final AHI his morning was 2.5. So at least they were going down, but after a string of good nights this is concerning.

It looks like they were central apneas, which seems scary. My brain forgot to tell me to breathe? Any insights or tips? I'm so glad I have this community!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep therapy does not produce a fixed or static result. You are going to have good days and bad days.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 493 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 508 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
Money [Diagnosis] Severe Sleep Apnea - Titration Test Completed Apnea45 42 2,777 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Apnea45
  Can Mild OSA (AHI of 9) + Severe PLMD be Responsible for severe symptoms? gohoos1998 14 883 11-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  PSG - Mild OSA and Severe PLMD gohoos1998 10 905 09-28-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Treatment] Need help with severe fatigue and brain fog - AirCurve 10 ASV (Help with settings) MUARS 20 1,885 08-15-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.