Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gogirl - Sleep Apnea Thread
RE: Just found out I have sleep apnea - kaiser
FYI - publishing your name, date of birth, and medical record number is probably not a great idea. I would edit or replace your attachment above and redact this personal identifying information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Used snorerx for first time
Completed sleep study and waiting on appointments with sleep doctor and respiratory therapist. Ahi 16 rhi 17 with 3.8 min of oxygen below 81. Min 77. Anyway my husband wears the snorerx for sleep apnea and works great for him. He is getting plenty of oxygen and his respiratory rate is 13 to 14. Tried one last night and I did have 5 hours of deep sleep but my respiratory rate was still around 10 most of the night up from 9 without it. Woke up with very sore jaw. Anyone else experienced this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Used snorerx for first time
What I can tell you is that I have used Snorex and similar mandibular advancement devices in my initial search to curtail my snoring. None of them worked very well at all for me which isn't surprising since my Apnea after being tested was in the "severe" category. But what I can also tell you is that even the short time I did use these types of devices my bite was very noticeably changed. I didn't use them for very long (thankfully!) because I have read and continue to read of cases where people have used these devices for years only to need serious orthodontic work to correct their jaw alignment and bite afterwards. I would definitely recommend against using these types of devices, wholeheartedly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Face mask
Can anyone recommend a face mask for me. I have a very small petite face. Also claustrophobic so won’t the least amount of head gear.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Face mask
Well, that can be a tough one.  I use the ResMed AirFit F30 which is considered a FFM, but goes under the nostrils and covers the mouth.  I can still wear my glasses with the mask on.  I have tried the nasal only types and wind up breathing through my mouth.  I can't use tape (allergy) so this one works good for me.

You can also have a look at the Mask Primer wiki which may give you some pointers in selecting the correct one.
Further down on the same wiki page, under "PAP mask fitting guides" there are sizing guides for many of the popular masks available.

HTH....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gogirl, I could be posting the same message! There is a real problem in the CPAP manufacturing process and that is making masks for people like us--small stature and small heads. I tried several--most too big. F & P makes several good full face masks but they didn't work for me--others will probably comment. I had to settle for the ResMed F20 Airtouch (foam) cushion but the headgear is terribly confining. They have For Her sized gear and the small cushion works for me--great results with no mask leaks--thankfully the foam on it is very forgiving.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed P10 nasal pillows... the most minimalistic mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP does not say it must be a FULL face mask. For that reason, I second OpalRose's recommendation of P10. Fisher & Paykel Brevida is also a great pillow mask. If OP wants a nasal mask, not a pillow mask, I suggest the ResMed F30 which also has minimal headgear and small cushion. These are all available from Supplier 1, whose site has lots for reviews to read. F30i has bigger headgear, so would probably not be a good choice. If OP wants no headgear at all, check out the Bleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which is better for a side sleeper a mask with a hose in the front or one over the back of your head of your head
Post Reply Post Reply
Which machine
Help after reading this board for weeks I am still confused on which machine I should ask for. I have moderate sleep apnea. Very claustrophobic so not sure how this will work but willing to give it a try. I know not to get a brick or a used one. Thanks,  but do I get an apap machine or a bilevel machine. I know I will probably want an adjustment on the exhale since I am claustrophobic.  What machine do I ask for?  I have kaiser and will demand a good machine. Pretty sure I am ok on selecting a mask since you’ve all said to try on lots with pressure. 

My appointment is next week. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 978 10 hours ago
Last Post: dormivi
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,293 04-23-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 97 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 112 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 204 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 127 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,462 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.