Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

hiccups
hiccups
I finally had a wonderful full night's sleep...and then last night while on cpap, I got the hiccups! I took off my mask and within 5 minutes, the hiccups were gone. This happened twice. Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hiccups
(06-15-2014, 06:46 AM)gingigingi13 Wrote: I finally had a wonderful full night's sleep...and then last night while on cpap, I got the hiccups! I took off my mask and within 5 minutes, the hiccups were gone. This happened twice. Any thoughts?
Yep. Put the mask back on.

But other than that I haven't heard this to be a big problem before. So maybe it's just a passing fancy.

Post Reply Post Reply
A change to a nasal pillow did the trick. I was "swallowing too much air". Last nght I slept 8 full hours!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job gingi,

How are you feeling?
Post Reply Post Reply
Other than out of control blood pressure and a knee that won't bend, I feel like I finally got a good night's sleep! Somuch better...thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 12:01 PM)gingigingi13 Wrote: Other than out of control blood pressure and a knee that won't bend, I feel like I finally got a good night's sleep! Somuch better...thanks!

After I was on the machine for a couple months my blood pressure started coming down on it's own. Not a lot, but some.

The knee thing? Well, that's probably your old football injury, so not much help there. It'll keep you out of the draft though.........

Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean RG. We all sleep in a draft!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,637 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
  Does CPAP cause hiccups? spacewrench 8 5,144 08-14-2022, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Naoko5
  [Symptoms] New machine and some hiccups PeterP60 25 3,264 10-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.