Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got a Transcend Auto for Travel
Question 
Just got a Transcend Auto for Travel
Just set up my new travel cpap to match my S9 autoset.
Software worked fine.

I noted two things the mask end of the hose is sort of too small to fit over my mask nozzle but it fits inside of it.

The software disk supplied was defective they are replacing it.
There is an odd sort of chemical/burnt smell coming from the unit when running.
It is not coming from the hose or the filter . I know because I checked both of those.

I sent them an inquiry so we shall see what they say.
The unit is very quiet

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just got a Transcend Auto for Travel
Please let us know how their customer service works for you. Is it the manufacturer you are contacting or where you bought it?

That smell could be new rubber something inside. Not sure how you will ever get it to go away if that's what it is.

I look forward to hearing how it works for you! I've considered getting one myself for power outages and the like.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not much into travel, so the Transcend is not for me. But I am always thrilled to see new products, especially when the market price is as low as the Transcend, yet the features are comparable to the expensive units. Competition in the CPAP machine market is what we need.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2013, 08:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Please let us know how their customer service works for you. Is it the manufacturer you are contacting or where you bought it?

That smell could be new rubber something inside. Not sure how you will ever get it to go away if that's what it is.

I look forward to hearing how it works for you! I've considered getting one myself for power outages and the like.

I contacted the dealer about the defective disk and the MFG about the smell

will let you know the result

will also report on rescan vs their software

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2013, 06:08 PM)dfstarman Wrote: Just set up my new travel cpap to match my S9 autoset.
Software worked fine.

I noted two things the mask end of the hose is sort of too small to fit over my mask nozzle but it fits inside of it.

The software disk supplied was defective they are replacing it.
There is an odd sort of chemical/burnt smell coming from the unit when running.
It is not coming from the hose or the filter . I know because I checked both of those.

I sent them an inquiry so we shall see what they say.
The unit is very quiet

thanks for posting... yes, please post more about your experience, where you bought it....

cheers mate...

Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 
Will post more when I get answers.

cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice that they sell a "Transcend H6B Waterless Humidification System." I find the word "waterless" interesting. Do they use something other than dihydrogen monoxide?
Post Reply Post Reply
it appears to a special type of filter , I did not get that accessory , all reviews said it worked well but was very noisy.

apparently all Transcends have that funny odor. I went to a local DME where they had one and turned it on, same smell.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
RE: Just got a Transcend Auto for Travel- support from Somnetics lacking
I sent the makers of the Transcend a simple question as to whether the chemical smell emanating from the machine was normal.

I had already gone to a local DME and smelled another one of their machines and it has the same smell.

I got this brush off answer from their supervisor of customer(non-support).

Geessh you would think they would know if this was normal which I had already ascertained in the interim.

Dave,

I received your email about the smell coming from your cpap. You would need to contact the dealer you purchased your device from if there are any problems with your device.

Thanks,

Max. M. Carter
Customer Service Supervisor
Somnetics
mcarter@somnetics.com

Post Reply Post Reply
In the interest of being fair and balanced after I complained about the answer, he sent an apology , but insisted I notify the dealer which I had already done.

I also indicated I did not understand his lack of concern that a new auto machine and 2 at a local DME had the same issue, He finally said he would report it to the production manager.

Squeeky Wheel Syndrome

Be aware these machine which work well and are quiet but have a chemical odor from the air emanating from them that does not appear to affect anything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 614 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,443 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 899 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,187 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 440 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed Airmini vs Transcend Micro? ShipwreckSiren 0 874 11-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: ShipwreckSiren

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.