Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got a Transcend Auto for Travel
RE: Just got a Transcend Auto for Travel
they are sending me a new machine, and they did discover an error that they did in fact send out a blank software disk
Post Reply Post Reply
Some time back Transcend announced a "waterless" humidifer option
but details on it seem hard to find.........
on the main website they only show the heated units.

To find the waterless unit you have to do a search on
"Transcend Waterless Humidification System" or something similar...

Has anybody used the waterless option / have any feedback on it?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Update... after doing some poking around on the internet tonight it appears that a company named "Human Design Medical" makes what appears to be a pseudo-universal HME element (their Part Number: HD60-2100),
that would plug between the mask and hose.
They claim it is good for a week of use; cost about $6.

I'm going to see if I can find one locally to try ... not having to lug the H5 humidifier along on winter trips would be very nice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey dfstarman, now you've got me curious! I'm gonna have to go look that machine up! Smile As far as the smell goes, it very well could just be the electronics. Quite often with electronic parts, especially if they have some sort of a PCB (Printed Circuit Board) it can take, what seems like, forever for the smell to go away when it heats up under use. There are a lot of chemicals that go into the manufacture and printing of a PCB and sometimes, depending on what a specific board maker is using, those can produce some pretty bad smelling fumes. If that is what it is (and that would be my guess) it should eventually go away over time. It seems to me like they would specify things like "no residual odors or noxious chemicals are to be used..." when they contract out the boards being made, but sadly, as in most things, they are just trying to make money.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one of the on-head waterless humidification systems, and it works really well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just finished my second night with my new transcend auto with EZX and backup battery. There are some problems with the machine. There is a definite oily smell, like machine oil coming from the machine and there is a persistent whine that comes up through the mask (an Airfit P10). I was able to just barely tolerate it the first night but last night I had to switch back to my S9 in order to fall asleep. I tried the transcend again this morning and both problems still persist. The whine not so much, but I think it becomes more of a problem in a quiet house with the lights out and u are trying to get to sleep. I'm not sure this is the right travel machine for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 110 Today, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,791 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,745 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 964 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,289 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.