Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got diagnosed, feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the information.
RE: Just got diagnosed, feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the information.
I'd like to point to the Suppliers List at the top of each page. There are several Canadian suppliers there, and most of them sell at the Ontario ADP price, which is - iirc - about $1050 for a ResMed Autoset, and less for an AutoSet for Her. Some sell for less, and some have complete packages. Beware, some allegedly Canadian outlets are actually in Florida...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2020, 02:58 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 02:48 PM)Billygoat Wrote: I agree with all the acronyms. A glossary sure would be handy for us new folks.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Definitions

In addition to the Glossary and Definitions, the wiki also contains the collective knowledge of the forum. So many topics are discussed in detail.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A FWIW: I always find it best practice to not mix and mingle sleep study location/doctor office/DME machine supplier or any combo of these as being in the same building with the same group of people managing it. This opens a conflict of interest in patient care and inhibits competitive pricing IMO. Try to avoid the above scenario if possible.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First off, thank you all so much for the responses and shared thoughts. This is uncharted waters for me, so it's been great finding this community and seeing so much information being shared!

I am testing out a Phillips dreamstation at home for a few days and struggling to keep it on at night. From what i've read, i think I am definitly better served with a resmed.

I was looking at this based on the recommendations here: I cant post a link due to my new account but it's called " ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP and HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier & ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tubing"

Is there anything else that I need beyond finding a mask that works for me?

Thanks again Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The only thing I would suggest is specifying the for her version it has an extra mode and in some areas of Canada is classed as a CPAP and is fully funded by the state
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can obtain a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, we consider that machine to be superior to the Philips Dreamstation for several reasons. It is faster to respond ahead of apnea and hypopnea event to increase pressure and prevent them, and it uses Exhale Pressure Relieve, that unlike Philips AFlex, is a true a bilevel pressure that has therapeutic capabilities to reduce hypopnea, RERA and flow limitation. The comfort and efficacy of the Resmed has been demonstrated superior to Philips countless times by forum members.

Masks are important, and the Resmed Airfit P10 nasal pillows is the lightest, quietest on the market. It is easy to achieve a good seal as long as you can use a nasal mask. The headgear is not very substantial, but both my wife and I use these masks and I recommend it to any new user that doesn't like the feel of a heavier mask or noisy air vents.

Be careful in posting any links that might be commercial or DME related. Read our rules 3 and 5 carefully to avoid problems. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any benefit to the "for everyone" model vs the "for her" model? Seems like the exact same but the for her model has some extra features which seem like they would benefit most.
Post Reply Post Reply
For Her does everything For Everyone does, and more. So the advantage lies with For Her.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a difference in the airfit p10 for her vs for everyone? The sleep clinic I am going to only has the "for her" airfit p10 in stock for me to try on. I googled and got very different results when trying to figure out if there's a difference.

Thanks again for all the advice. You all have been much more helpful than my sleep clinic.
Post Reply Post Reply
The For Her P10 headgear is smaller.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 350 4 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 56 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 384 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 291 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 307 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.