Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got diagnosed, need some advice
Just got diagnosed, need some advice
Hello, I just got diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea based on an at-home test. My AHI was 39.2. They have prescribed me a trail of AutoCPAP at 4-20 cmh2o. I have placed an order for an AirSense 11 but it is on backorder for god knows how long.

My brother in law has an old machine (AirCurve 10 S) that I can use in the meantime if I want.

Considering that this machine does not have an auto setting, where would be a good place to start from a pressure standpoint on the CPAP setting?

I am planning to record my data so I can analyze it with OSCAR.

Thanks,
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just got diagnosed, need some advice
First a Factory reset. This is to ensure all settings are on default state prior to starting.

EPAP = 4
IPAP = 7

This is equivalent to CPAP mode,
Pressure=7
EPR=3

Expect to adjust pressures after your first night, based on OSCAR data of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2022, 05:45 PM)Gideon Wrote: First a Factory reset. This is to ensure all settings are on default state prior to starting.

EPAP = 4
IPAP = 7

This is equivalent to CPAP mode,
Pressure=7
EPR=3

Expect to adjust pressures after your first night, based on OSCAR data of course.

Thanks, I will start here and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my OSCAR screen shot. Had a rough night with it to start, but will stick with it and get more data. I also included my spO2 and pluse rate from my wellue o2 ring.

Post Reply Post Reply
AHI was good but SpO2 was awful. I think take EPAP to 7.0 and IPAP to 10.0. Should improve SpO2 and make breathing a bit easier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to 6 and 9 but have no problem with 7 and 10.

Also the real issue with sPO2sPO2 is duration at or below x%
Your oximeter should have that data,though it's not in OSCAR. Especially the 88% and 90% durations.

Want to see how the sPO2 responds to these changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. Will try again tonight and report back!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the time under 90%. I have two rings and have been wearing both. One seems to read a bit lower than the other, but the shape of the graphs is the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
SpO2 levels under 90 are 46 minutes for one, an hour and 18 minutes for the other. There's a reasonable belief that some large percentage of this below 90% will also be at or below 88%, which is a serious enough issue. I'd suggest you report this to your doctor and begin talking about ordering an overnight oximetry test.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I did notice that my spO2 looked a lot better the first night on the machine that it does normally, so hopefully getting the settings more dialed in will help bring my O2 up even more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 281 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 361 6 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 58 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 386 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.