Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got my Machine
Just got my Machine
Health Care person just left my house.
The Machine I got is a PR REMstar Auto A-Flex with Syatem One Humidifier.
My mask is a Zest nasal mask.

I'm now hoping I start getting some good sleep. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just got my Machine
Great!

Play with it some before you use it tonight. Fit the mask and understand how it works and adjusts. Then attach it to the machine and feel how the air goes. This will help you get used to it and hopefully cut down on problems later in the night.

Let us know how it goes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck. We're all hoping that you start getting some good zzzzzz.
Don;t think it will come overnight, but steady compliance and presistance will pay off.

Keep up posted as to your progress..questions always welcome..
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Have a good sleep. Don't get discouraged...it is well worth the getting used to...a least it sure has been for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have one question so far.

I was trying the machine and mask out earlier today, trying to get used to it, and I noticed every once in a while I felt like I had to blow air out of my mouth, which I did a few times.

Is that normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2012, 03:26 PM)mikael26288 Wrote: I do have one question so far.

I was trying the machine and mask out earlier today, trying to get used to it, and I noticed every once in a while I felt like I had to blow air out of my mouth, which I did a few times.

Is that normal?

Just had my sleep study and found my self having to do that a few times - so I hope its normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2012, 11:43 AM)mikael26288 Wrote: Health Care person just left my house.
The Machine I got is a PR REMstar Auto A-Flex with Syatem One Humidifier.
My mask is a Zest nasal mask.

I'm now hoping I start getting some good sleep. Grin
Congrats hope you get good sleep too. Find out as much as you can about the machine so you can customize it to meet your needs and comfort such as Flex or humidifier setting...etc also find out about your insurance replacement policy so you can get supplies on regular basis. You should be able to return mask that didn't work for you to your DME within 30 days and try another as finding the right comfortable mask is the key to the therapy. Its going take some getting used to sleeping strapped to a mask and a blower but over time it would become second nature and part of your night time routine Sleep-well
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/

http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that feeling is normal. Especially since you were sitting there awake. You won't do it when you're asleep. Eventually, you'll be able to open your mouth with the air on and not have air come out! I have to think hard on how to do that now. Weird.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
It took about a week for air to stop coming out of my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats! You should feel much better soon. I like to have a bit of fun with it myself. I hate the cold plastic hose hitting my skin so I could have bought a plain old slip cover, but for only a couple bucks more I got one in bright red with cat paw prints on it! I'm working on getting a heated humidifier now. All I've ever had is a passover (no not like the Jewish easter) humidifier but I found one and am in the process of trying to acquire it! The passover or non-heated humidifiers really don't do a whole lot, IMHO! It's all I've ever had and I've always woke up just dry as a bone. Oh and I got a new CPAP pillow too! The thing is, this will make some changes in the way you sleep and stuff like that. Don't be afraid to try out a different pillow to make yourself more comfortable, or get a wild cover to make it more....more. My machine is set to 11 and I have a ramp button, but I don't even use it. I put it on and it is fine. In no time at all you will find that it is no big deal. You just have to relax into it. It is like your best friend. It is there to help you sleep right and improve your health. No reason to get upset or nervous. We all look ridiculous in the masks so don't give it a second thought. Just relax and practice slow, calm breathing while you are wearing it. You'll do great!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,188 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,794 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,756 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,250 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.