Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got my new CPAP and mask
Just got my new CPAP and mask
Just got done with a tech and he placed me with the Resperonics system one auto-A flex....

What I found weird was that he said I wouldnt be able to see my data, a modem would send it back to the supplier and they would call me if there was a problem. I told him I want to view my own data and after a phone call to the supplier, Classic Sleep Care in CA, they said that they would email me instructions to log into a Resperonics website where I would be able to view my data. This sounds odd to me. I know on this site, the machine is recommended and I know you're data savvy folks so I assume you either find that a good method or have an alternative to track data.

Also, its an auto machine but the window they have set is between 9-10. This I do not understand either. Isn't auto supposed to find your levels and work at that need?

Either way, I am a little taken back by this. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just got my new CPAP and mask
Can you tell us the exact model number on the bottom of the blower unit. It will start with either DS or REM followed by 3 digits. You would like to see DS560.

Once we know exactly what you have we can offer better advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2013, 12:55 PM)bwexler Wrote: Can you tell us the exact model number on the bottom of the blower unit. It will start with either DS or REM followed by 3 digits. You would like to see DS560.

The only thing I see with DS on the bottom is : DS6TFLG. nothing starting with REM.

The box calls it the Remstar Auto-Flex A, System One 60 series, HT Humid, DOM
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2013, 02:59 PM)Philipg33 Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 12:55 PM)bwexler Wrote: Can you tell us the exact model number on the bottom of the blower unit. It will start with either DS or REM followed by 3 digits. You would like to see DS560.

The only thing I see with DS on the bottom is : DS6TFLG. nothing starting with REM.

The box calls it the Remstar Auto-Flex A, System One 60 series, HT Humid, DOM
Probably you,re looking at the humidifier label, the machine label should read DS560

Edit: I did Google search and led me right here
Check "old dude" user profile ... Humidifier: PR System One HT DS6TFLG
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ch-support
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you do have a 60 series machine which Is data capable.
You will need to download Sleepyhead software and maybe a 60 series patch.
You will need to have a card reader in your computer or buy a USB SD card reader at Walmart or Best Buy.
Then simply remove the card from the back of your APAP and put it in your computer. There is a tiny lock on the side of the card. I recommend you lock it before putting it in the computer as a few people have complained about the cards being "damaged" by the computer.
Open the sleepy head software and tell it to import the data.
Be sure to unlock the card before putting it back in your machine.

I am sure others will jump in with more detail on how and where to get Sleepyhead and how to read the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2013, 04:24 PM)bwexler Wrote: It sounds like you do have a 60 series machine which Is data capable.
You will need to download Sleepyhead software and maybe a 60 series patch.

No patch is needed any more for 60 series machines.

http://softlayer-dal.dl.sourceforge.net/...-setup.exe
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so first night of using the new equipment. It was a very comfortable mask (Quattro Air) and I had no leaks according to the machine. I did however, have a problem. My mouth was so dry I had to wake up 2x to get a drink.

The first time I had the humidifier at 4 ,then I turned it up to 5. I was asleep for 7 1/2 hours total and the container was empty in the morning.

My old S7 Lightweight would always be empty but I never had the dry mouth problem. I am not sure whats happening. I have co-workers that have this machine and they felt I'd only use about 1/2 the water and the humidifier would be better. Is it the heated tube? Do you actually get better results with a lower humidifier setting? My pressure is 9-10.

I'm dreading sleeping tonight. I was doing pretty well with the S7 but thought I should get a machine with data ...Please give me some thoughts on it.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2013, 09:00 PM)Philipg33 Wrote: Ok, so first night of using the new equipment. It was a very comfortable mask (Quattro Air) and I had no leaks according to the machine. I did however, have a problem. My mouth was so dry I had to wake up 2x to get a drink.

The first time I had the humidifier at 4 ,then I turned it up to 5. I was asleep for 7 1/2 hours total and the container was empty in the morning.

My old S7 Lightweight would always be empty but I never had the dry mouth problem. I am not sure whats happening. I have co-workers that have this machine and they felt I'd only use about 1/2 the water and the humidifier would be better. Is it the heated tube? Do you actually get better results with a lower humidifier setting? My pressure is 9-10.

I'm dreading sleeping tonight. I was doing pretty well with the S7 but thought I should get a machine with data ...Please give me some thoughts on it.

Thanks!

I don't mess with the part that is 1-5 or whatever the numbers go to but do keep mine on 84 or 86 and don't wake up with a dry mouth. we are all different but maybe you can try that tonight. I still have water in mine when I wake up. The temperature of your room comes into play as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]

I don't mess with the part that is 1-5 or whatever the numbers go to but do keep mine on 84 or 86 and don't wake up with a dry mouth. well.
[/quote]

I don't even see an option for a temperature? Can you give me an idea where that is? I have the Respironics DS560 and it seems to only offer 1-5?

Please point me in the right direction

Thank you ! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

I don't mess with the part that is 1-5 or whatever the numbers go to but do keep mine on 84 or 86 and don't wake up with a dry mouth. well.
[/quote]

I don't even see an option for a temperature? Can you give me an idea where that is? I have the Respironics DS560 and it seems to only offer 1-5?

Please point me in the right direction

Thank you ! Smile
[/quote]
Oops. Thought you were using a Resmed machine. I don't know much about the machine you are using. So sorry. my bad Might be very helpful to change the info in your profile :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 824 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 702 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  New to cpap (Need help with mask selection) Jose Castro 1 352 10-18-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.