Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got new BiPAP machine, need help with treatment/optimization
RE: Just got new BiPAP machine, need help with treatment/optimization
This chart is likely more accurate as leak info now says a 0 up to Max leak at 3.x.

Your Obstructive events are your issue on this chart. An interesting OA pattern of repeating events from about 3:20-4:20. Obstructive event every 7 to 15 minutes, more or less. It seems a bit too far spaced to be Positional Apnea but just highlighting it. Maybe others have better insight to that speed bump.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
abcde
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, thanks for the response. The leaks causing lower reported AHI seems to make sense. However, the AutoSet with lower pressure (10) and EPR 3 seemed to have a consistently lower AHI than BiPAP with FFM with low leaks there as well, even with the Clear Airways on the AutoSet. Here the OA events outnumber the AutoSet's Clear airways and OA events combined. Can PS cause OA events?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2021, 09:31 PM)blancobonzo Wrote: Can PS cause OA events?
Yes, but that is extremely unusual and we would catch that on the flow rate chart.  Read about palatal prolapse
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...l_Prolapse
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey,
I am new to BIPAP, but have a suggestion that may help.  I tried the pillows (Resmed p10), but saw leaks in the Oscar data despite waking up to with the pillows in place. 

I then tried the Resmed Airfit N20 For Her headgear and did not have leaks with the small size nose piece.  I ordered the medium and large size nose pieces off Amazon, but had leaks with these. 

It seemed that the smallest size provides the best fit.  Although there are very few leaks, the mask makes the bridge of my nose sore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 47 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.