Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping Soundly on CPAP But Not Dreaming
RE: Sleeping Soundly on CPAP But Not Dreaming
I think that might be my deal too eviltim. I just don't wake up until it is time to get up. So many told me how I would start dreaming and I see no difference with respect to that. It's all good though ... my therapy is going well and I am feeling better. Looking forward to continued improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleeping Soundly on CPAP But Not Dreaming
(01-16-2014, 12:01 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Prior to my beginning CPAP, I had many telling me I would start dreaming again. I have been on CPAP for almost two months and I am sleeping soundly and better than I have in years. I don't wake up at all through the night once I get to sleep. I have no complaints! I can't however say I have/remember dreams. Maybe I can count on one hand dreams I kind of sort of remember. Not really vivid though. I have often heard you remember dreams that take place just before you wake up. Should I assume I probably am dreaming but just not waking up at a time when I would remember them?
If you are sleeping soundly with the CPAP and you don't remember any wakes during the night and you're waking up reasonably rested and refreshed, then you should assume you're getting the appropriate amount of REM.

Most people don't remember their dreams---regardless of whether they don't have OSA or they're on CPAP to manage their OSA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 225 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 103 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 255 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 222 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 684 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,132 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 1,017 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.