Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just had Sleep test last night -
Question 
Just had Sleep test last night -
Just had sleep test last night. O2 sat went to 80 and the tech woke me up to put a nasal mask on. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of software / hardware to log/monitor O2 sat levels while sleeping.

Was looking for something separate from a CPAP machine.

While I am at it are there any CPAP machines I absolutely should avoid?

I know the doctor will most likely recommend a brand/model but the more information the better.

I do have bad allergies has anyone cured the problem with sinus surgery or allergy shots?

Even if you don't answer thank you for taking the time to read.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just had Sleep test last night -
Supplier #19 sells O2 monitors. (click the supplier list at the top)

Most folks would recommend getting a data capable machine; the two most popular are the Philips Respironics system one (PRS1) 60 series 560 auto or the RESmed S9 autoset.

For the allergies have you tried something like Flonase? Or have you tried sinus rinses? After the significant inflammation went away using Flonase, I've maintained it with the rinse. Both help me quite a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a google search for a "CMS50F" and bought mine for about $120. It is a wrist unit with a very good finger probe that will stay on all night. Comes with software and records data. It also has alarms you can set (if you want) to wake you if your O2 drops too low.

I've had mine for a few months so far and am pleased with it.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2013, 12:48 PM)Apnea_GM Wrote: Just had sleep test last night. O2 sat went to 80 and the tech woke me up to put a nasal mask on. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of software / hardware to log/monitor O2 sat levels while sleeping.

Was looking for something separate from a CPAP machine.

While I am at it are there any CPAP machines I absolutely should avoid?

I know the doctor will most likely recommend a brand/model but the more information the better.

I do have bad allergies has anyone cured the problem with sinus surgery or allergy shots?

Even if you don't answer thank you for taking the time to read.
Hi Apnea_GM, welcome to the forum
Also my O2 went down to eighties during the sleep study but during the titration study with CPAP, went up into nineties

If you,re in US and insured, the doctor must specify the machine of your choice on the prescription and write "dispense as written" so the DME have to give you what the doctor ordered, not what give them the most profit.
Archangle:Machine Choices and machines to avoid
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Apnea_GM,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
With O2 in the 80s, I'd not be overly concerned with that at the moment. Get used to the machine and the mask and all that fun first.

But if you are the inquiring type and want the entire picture, Supplier #19 in the Supplier's List (link at top of every page) has decent prices on oximeters. If you just want one to use occasionally, CMS 50D+ is cheap and gets the job done. If you want one to wear more often, several times a week or every night, then look for one of the wrist models that has an attachment that hooks onto a finger. More comfortable and longer life.

Nearly all of them come with the same software
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

Your CPAP options:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Software to view your CPAP data:
if Resmed machine: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
If other machine (incl. Resmed): http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2013, 12:48 PM)Apnea_GM Wrote: Just had sleep test last night. O2 sat went to 80 and the tech woke me up to put a nasal mask on. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion of software / hardware to log/monitor O2 sat levels while sleeping.

Prior to the CPAP being used your O2 stats dropped to 80%... The Question is did they return to normal after the use of CPAP? When you return to the Dr for the review of the sleep study they will be able to answer that question. Just remember to ask them if it did return to normal...

I have Central Apnea and my stats were 73-75% So I have added Oxygen @ 3L/min. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with PaulaO2. Mine dropped with a low of 85% and the doctor referred to it as "very mild desaturation" in his summary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oxygen in the 80's isn't that terrible. On my sleepiest mine dipped to 57% but the sleep study said during titration my oxygen desaturation was eliminated. Before I had the sleep study I had the "at home" study and my oxygen levels dipped in the 40's...
Post Reply Post Reply
I went into 'smurf-zone'. Back in the day, they would let you drop as far and as long as you did, rather than wake you - because they wanted to know how bad is bad. I hit the low 60s (forget the exact number) for multiple minutes at a time without PAP.

Today, On my Oximeter, I will drop below 88 for a total of about 2 minutes total in a entire sleep session.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 91 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 209 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 879 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.