Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just had sleep study, need ASV
Just had sleep study, need ASV
I have been on cpap since 2005. I just had a sleep study done and found out that my apnea has turned to complex apnea. My question is about the new insurance laws ie "competitve bidding". My doctor told me that I would have to wait for at least 5 to 7 days for anyone to contact me about the new ASV machine he was ordering for me. He said it would no longer be handled locally, but nationally. He said that this just started in September and that the usual wait was just the next day......however things have changed and now there is this time lag. Has anyone else had this problem??

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just had sleep study, need ASV
Hi LOVEDOG,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question, I hadn't heard that, but nothing surprises me; the insurance rules are always changing and it's difficult to keep up with.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any answers for you, but it's a good question. I hope to learn here too.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your doctor is confused. Call a local DME and ask their opinion without giving the doctor's name.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2013, 02:17 PM)LOVEDOG Wrote: I have been on cpap since 2005. I just had a sleep study done and found out that my apnea has turned to complex apnea. My question is about the new insurance laws ie "competitve bidding". My doctor told me that I would have to wait for at least 5 to 7 days for anyone to contact me about the new ASV machine he was ordering for me. He said it would no longer be handled locally, but nationally. He said that this just started in September and that the usual wait was just the next day......however things have changed and now there is this time lag. Has anyone else had this problem??

Hi Lovedog, welcome to the forum!

To wait a week is not very long. It took months for me to get a machine.

Be sure you get (for your own medical records, and so you can walk into a Durable Medical Equipment store and buy a replacement mask if needed) a copy (or better, an original) of the prescription.

Also, be sure to ask for a copy of the sleep study report (the full report, including plots of when events occurred during the night).

You are entitled to these, and there is useful and important information in both which will help you to understand your condition and treatment.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This expanded competitive bidding pertains to Medicare. Here is a link from AARP which explains it:

http://www.aarp.org/health/medicare-insu...ogram.html

Hope this helps. /Jeff/
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You all for your responces!

Love Dog
Post Reply Post Reply
Love Dog, let us know the outcome please. If you're using your ASV now how is it going?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 231 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 119 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 145 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 64 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.