Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Remstar quit working
Remstar quit working
I have a Remstar M-series machine that suddenly stopped working. The power adapter was bad so I replaced it but now it runs until I put on my mask and then it quits, restarts and and runs for about 2 seconds and starts the cycle all over again. If I run the machine without the tubing and mask it will run for a long time until I put my hand over the air outlet. Then it does the very same thing.

Am I just outta luck and need to get a new machine? I mean I guess I should be lucky that this is my first issue in 8 years right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remstar quit working
It sounds like something is wrong with the pressure sensor. My guess is that a new machine is in your future. Supplier #2 in the Supplier List at top of page has good deals and a very good reputation if your insurance is not paying for the new machine. It is also a good place to get an inexpensive back-up machine for just this sort of situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Time for a new machine. 8 years -- it's probably dead.

Machines have come a long way in 8 years. The present day machines are more comfortable and the data capability is a tremendous asset in following ones therapy. Depending on your insurance situation, you may need a new sleep study. If your condition is obstructive apnea, you may wish to get an auto PAP.
They can run as a straight CPAP or be set to a range where the machine can adjust pressure as we vary both night by night; and over the longer span of time.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ropdve,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Do you get any errors on your screen such as "Service required"?It sounds like you need a new machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck on your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and welcome to the forum ropdve! Glad you found us. Hope you are able to replace your machine with a much newer one within your budget. Check out the Supplier List in the links at the top of the forum page. Supplier #2 even sells gently used machines. But you might find a good deal at one of the other suppliers for a brand new machine. Best of luck and keep us posted!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 253 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 575 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.