Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just not feeling better and wondering if it's even due to apnea
Just not feeling better and wondering if it's even due to apnea
Hello everyone, been lurking for a long time. 

Been using my APAP machine for 10 months now and through a lot of trial and error I've gotten my AHI pretty much perfect, but I'm just not feeling better. Still groggly, fatigued and bleh. I'm starting to wonder if these feelings are unrelated to my apnea because my numbers are so good. I was diagnosed with Mild apnea, 5.3 AHI, but Rera's weren't counted. I had a lot of spontaneous arousals with a total Arousal index at 19 I think. 

Below are my stats from last night, June 12th that are pretty good. I was using an f20 mask.  There's another picture there where my RR is at its highest and my breathing gets really strange. Don't know if that's typical for REM or what? But it doesn't look right. 

The second chart is from using a dreamwear full face mask. You can see I have zero flow limitations and my breathing looked much better... problem? I felt EVEN WORSE that day. Gross and fatigued, brain fog, not great. 

Now, I do have an anxiety disorder so I'm wondering if my fatigue is coming from that. I was really hoping a APAP machine would help me, but really I don't feel much different. Maybe a little less sleepy? Been doing this for 10 months now. May try and get my hands on a VAUTO to see if that will help, but I don't have high hopes. What do you guys think?

And I do have periods of breathing that aren't like that erratic one. this is some 'normal breathing' from last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just not feeling better and wondering if it's even due to apnea...
Cool. The silence is pretty telling. So I guess the fatigue is unrelated to the apnea?

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what could be the cause. There are other health aspects to consider them just Apnea. What else have you had checked?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Going on three years for me Sept. 11 this year. My #'s are good, I don't have any problems or issues with the equipment, I seem to sleep well enough, and I still feel tired. 

I'm not groggy headed, light headed, have headaches, or many symptoms other's seem to experience. If I take a short late morning or early afternoon nap, it makes all the difference in the world. I'm talking 30-45 min. @ most. 

My sleep doc is aware and said he could give me a script for something to make me feel more energetic. I told him about the naps and he said that was best. 

I'm no Spring chicken, and I'm aging by the hour. I'm writing it off as to just getting older.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of years ago I was in a similar situation.  Blood tests showed my B12 level was normal but at the absolute bottom of the normal range.  My dr suggested a B12 supplement which had a big impact on getting me better but didn’t quite get me back to normal.  Then a sleep study showed significant apnea and the APAP I was prescribed had another big impact in getting me better.

So, it isn’t always just apnea or sleep issues that are holding you down.  FWIW you could try a B vitamin supplement and see if it helps.  Excess B vitamins are generally harmless since your body will pass what it doesn’t need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 167 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 400 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.