Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just out of curiosity -- do people eventually learn to love CPAP?
Wink 
RE: Just out of curiosity -- do people eventually learn to love CPAP?
It does get easier and after trying on & off for 10 years I now can’t sleep without it. After having a distant relative die in his sleep because he wasn’t wearing his & my risk of heart attack it finally hit home. 
Keep trying, you will get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just out of curiosity -- do people eventually learn to love CPAP?
(01-09-2022, 11:47 PM)DebbieD22 Wrote: Keep trying, you will get there.

Well, I keep trying, but the obstacles are pretty monumental.

- Mask hurts, despite a month of fiddling with it, and trying all the suggested remedies
- I get blasted with freezing cold air, and the mask fills up with cold condensation
- I have to sleep wrapped in hoses
- I have to mess about cleaning and generally looking after the equipment (including fiddling with OSCAR)
- I sleep much worse than I ever did before
- My bedroom looks like a hospital room, and
- My sex-life has tanked.

I can see remedies for some of these things. I have other masks on order, heated hose, hose sleeves, etc. I guess I'll eventually get to a point where I have a routine for managing the equipment. Maybe my sleep will recover. The last two points, though, Heaven knows how I'm going to fix those.

Best wishes, DS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 530 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 17 1,816 12-15-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 383 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,949 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 346 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.