Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just received ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto and breathing is extremely loud!
Just received ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto and breathing is extremely loud!
Hello all,

First off I just want to say hi I am new to the board!

Ok so I just got a new machine today, the ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto BiPap and its pretty slick looking. I also got the ResMed AirfitF10 mask which is a very much upgraded version of the QuattroFX I was using. I am upgrading my machine from a ResMedS8 after 6 years of nightly use (very old I know).

My issue is my breathing is extremely loud with the machine, to the point its distracting and keeping me awake. I even have on the 45 minute ramp feature and its still very VERY loud...like Darth Vader haha. With the 45 minute ramp on the S8 it was whisper quiet (little whistling from exhaling). I do have severe apnea at 20 over 12 settings (if that's how you say it) but I don't get a newer machine being louder as I hear they are making them quieter! I went from a 19 to a 20 so its not that drastic...

I currently don't have water in the chamber because I just got the machine 2 hours ago, not sure if that would make my breathing loud and have yet to use it so we can call this the beta test. Everything is air tight including the water chamber. Anyone have an suggestions or is it suppose to be this loud? If it is I am going to have to find a new one because this wont work, which is disappointing!

Thanks
-Greg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just received ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto and breathing is extremely loud!
If it does not get any quieter with water in the humidifier, I would take it back to wherever you got it and have them fix it or replace it. That would be what I would do.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is barely audible at 18/14. Take it back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 06:12 PM)gdaversa19 Wrote: Hello all,

First off I just want to say hi I am new to the board!

Ok so I just got a new machine today, the ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto BiPap and its pretty slick looking. I also got the ResMed AirfitF10 mask which is a very much upgraded version of the QuattroFX I was using. I am upgrading my machine from a ResMedS8 after 6 years of nightly use (very old I know).

My issue is my breathing is extremely loud with the machine, to the point its distracting and keeping me awake. I even have on the 45 minute ramp feature and its still very VERY loud...like Darth Vader haha. With the 45 minute ramp on the S8 it was whisper quiet (little whistling from exhaling). I do have severe apnea at 20 over 12 settings (if that's how you say it) but I don't get a newer machine being louder as I hear they are making them quieter! I went from a 19 to a 20 so its not that drastic...

I currently don't have water in the chamber because I just got the machine 2 hours ago, not sure if that would make my breathing loud and have yet to use it so we can call this the beta test. Everything is air tight including the water chamber. Anyone have an suggestions or is it suppose to be this loud? If it is I am going to have to find a new one because this wont work, which is disappointing!

Thanks
-Greg

Lol....I'm gonna say the obvious....try it with water.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 was silent, but lately started to be noisy
Replaced the air filter, replaced the water chamber with the side cover and still noisy
I suppose its luck of the draw, some are quieter than others

Post Reply Post Reply
can you tell if it's the machine or the mask? if it's the machine, pull out the water tank and look inside the machine. You will see two silicon gaskets in there. put your finger inside each one and make sure they are fully seated in the main unit plastic, reinsert the water tank and see if your noise goes away. I could make the sound change when I breathed in and out. Quite loud

When min did this it sounded like a duck call Smile, only did it once and is very quiet now. An air leak between one of these gaskets and the water tank.

I also have mine sitting on a thick sock, but that was a much quieter noise
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gdaversa19,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you can't resolve your machine noise, you should probably take it back, it shouldn't be loud at all.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting a machine that works well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried all these and still very loud inhailing and exhaling...this is even with a 45 minute ramp on 4 pressure! It feels like my ResMed8 did on 19!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 07:44 PM)gdaversa19 Wrote: Tried all these and still very loud inhailing and exhaling...this is even with a 45 minute ramp on 4 pressure! It feels like my ResMed8 did on 19!

Did ya try putting water in it.....I did have a problem with the first A10 autoset...it was kinda noisy....exchanged it and second one was much more quiet.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 08:24 PM)sleepybeaver Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 07:44 PM)gdaversa19 Wrote: Tried all these and still very loud inhailing and exhaling...this is even with a 45 minute ramp on 4 pressure! It feels like my ResMed8 did on 19!

Did ya try putting water in it.....I did have a problem with the first A10 autoset...it was kinda noisy....exchanged it and second one was much more quiet.

Yep...now it wont even detect leaks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,048 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 715 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.