Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just recived new cpap
Angry 
Just recived new cpap
This was a long drawn out process. 1 sleep study had 2 wait 2 weeks to go back to Dr for results then had to get 2 Nd sleep study wait another 2 weeks then got script for Resmed S9 Auto set wait another 3 weeks a ton of calls to Dr insurance company and then store had finally recived machine yesterday used it last night sleeped for 6 hours pretty good. I tried to look for info how I did last night and relished they gave me S9 eclipse no mask feature but the receipt they gave me said S9 auto nothing about Eclipse. I called the company that dropped it off and they told me they will give me a modem and it will give me all the data for the eclipse. I think they are not telling the truth. They are coming in the morning to give me modem. I'm not sure if I should tell them no I want the Res med Auto set anyone have the same problem. Thanks fore the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just recived new cpap
Do you mean the Resmed Escape or the Elite?

If your doctor's script said the Autoset, that's what they have to give you. If the insurance agreed to pay for the Autoset, that's what they have to give you.

The modem is to monitor compliance. It has nothing to do with making sure the treatment is working. Don't let them tell you that it is for that. It would be the first time we've ever heard about it.

Look at the on/off button. It should say Autoset above that button. If it says anything else, like Escape Auto or Escape or Elite, then it's not what you wanted or your doctor ordered.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 05:56 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Do you mean the Resmed Escape or the Elite?

If your doctor's script said the Autoset, that's what they have to give you. If the insurance agreed to pay for the Autoset, that's what they have to give you.

The modem is to monitor compliance. It has nothing to do with making sure the treatment is working. Don't let them tell you that it is for that. It would be the first time we've ever heard about it.

Look at the on/off button. It should say Autoset above that button. If it says anything else, like Escape Auto or Escape or Elite, then it's not what you wanted or your doctor ordered.

I'm sorry escape
Post Reply Post Reply
I called the doctor she was not in today but the they said the script said Res med s9 Auto - I did not see the script they sent it online so I'm not sure. But I like to know how my numbers are day to day. I don't know if I can tell them I don't want it. They said the insurance rents it for 3 Months then buys it. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RETNYPDSGT,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I echo what Paula said.
Best of luckwith your CPAP therapy and getting things straightened out as far as which machine you are supposed to have.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 06:04 PM)RETNYPDSGT Wrote: I called the doctor she was not in today but the they said the script said Res med s9 Auto - I did not see the script they sent it online so I'm not sure.
Unfortunately there is a Resmed S9 Auto Escape that meets the technical requirement of an Auto in your doc's prescription.

The Auto Escape does record some summary data about overall AHI, but it does not break the AHI down into types. Nor can you or your doc get any detailed information about when the events occurred.

Just as significantly, the Auto Escape does NOT record any leak data. So there's also no way to find out if you have leaks that need to be dealt with that you just happen to sleep through.

So: If you have a plain old Escape and the DME offers to switch the machine out, be very cautious about distinguishing which Resmed S9 Auto they try to sell you.

But I like to know how my numbers are day to day. I don't know if I can tell them I don't want it. They said the insurance rents it for 3 Months then buys it. Thanks
[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Paula, I am very new to this and just want to make sure I have the best cpap that I can get to make this work the best. Plus I like the bells and whistles. How do you like your machine? Positives and negatives ?. Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 06:04 PM)RETNYPDSGT Wrote: I called the doctor she was not in today but the they said the script said Res med s9 Auto - I did not see the script they sent it online so I'm not sure. But I like to know how my numbers are day to day. I don't know if I can tell them I don't want it. They said the insurance rents it for 3 Months then buys it. Thanks

when they come to bring the modem, give them the escape back. they did not fill the script according to the doctor's orders and that machine will not tell you anything but compliance data. Tell me this isn't Apria you are dealing with....

Then run as fast as you can to another DME (your doc will give you a copy of the script they wrote and you should have that anyway).

EDIT: And, if your script says Resmed S9 Auto and you got a Resmed S9 Escape Auto, the DME did not dispense the machine on the script. Ask the DME for a copy of your script and hopefully it has dispense as written on it but either way your script did NOT have the name ESCAPE written on it. JMHO
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 07:01 PM)RETNYPDSGT Wrote: Plus I like the bells and whistles. How do you like your machine? Positives and negatives ?

Here's some good info on machines ...

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Me 50, no it was Advanced oxy med Services - I hope they swap it with the Res-med s9 auto set. I hope the Sript said Auto set and not just Auto But it did not say escape on the receipt just said Res med S9 auto. I have a feeling they were giving me the Escape and charging insurance company for the more expensive one. If I did not go on this forum I would have no clue the difference. The girl at the company keeper saint it's the same. Thanks for all the info.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.