Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just recived new cpap
RE: Just recived new cpap
Yes, tell them you will go to another supplier.

Almost every insurance company uses the same codes as Medicare. And Medicare has the same code for the S9 Escape, Escape Auto, Autoset, and Elite. This means they pay the same price for any of these machines. So of course the supplier is going to give you the Escape because they get the biggest profit from it.

But if the script said Autoset then it should be the Autoset. Hand them back the Escape and tell them you want what the prescription said or you will go to another supplier, even if you have to wait. Do not accept the Escape Auto. If you want to look at the data, then you want the Autoset or the Elite. The benefit of the Autoset is that it can be both CPAP and APAP.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a feeling they were giving me the Escape and charging insurance company for the more expensive one. If I did not go on this forum I would have no clue the difference. The girl at the company keeper saint it's the same.

Glad you found Apneaboard and was clued in on the difference before you were stuck with a brick that has limited data . Most DME's figure the patient has no clue a Escape from the Auto set so they give them the escape and make a few hundred buck more . stand your ground with them .
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 07:17 PM)RETNYPDSGT Wrote: Thank you Me 50, no it was Advanced oxy med Services - I hope they swap it with the Res-med s9 auto set. I hope the Sript said Auto set and not just Auto But it did not say escape on the receipt just said Res med S9 auto. I have a feeling they were giving me the Escape and charging insurance company for the more expensive one. If I did not go on this forum I would have no clue the difference. The girl at the company keeper saint it's the same. Thanks for all the info.

The insurance billing code is the same for Resmed S9 Auto and Resmed S9 Escape Auto and the insurance gets paid the same whether they dispense the Escape, Elite or Auto Set.

That is why they try to give the patient the Escape because they make more of a profit. You do have the right to refuse the machine or return the machine and go elsewhere. I returned my S9 Auto to Apria and went to another DME and I did this within the 3 month period. However, Apria kept telling me they wouldn't pick up my machine and I feel as though they did that to run me past the 90 days and then fight me on the return.

Stand your ground and tell them you will return the machine and go somewhere else. They would rather have a sale than to lose your sale and the potential loss of your supply order even though that isn't a big issue to them, or they act like it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok update, guy came to the house today and insisted it had all the information for the doctor on it and it was a better machine then the res med S9 elite and s9 auto set I showed him the doctors Sript which said S9 auto set with heated hose ect. The guy started to laugh and took machine back. He told me he just does what they tell him so I told him to tell his boss I am letting instance company know. The boss (at least that's what they said) called me back and are sending Res Med S9 auto set elite overnight UPS we will see what happens tomorrow - Thank you everybody for all the help I was clueless but glad I got on this site .
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to call them back and see whether you're getting the S9 AutoSet or the S9 Elite. They're not the same machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the prescription said AUTOSET, then they are TRYING TO SCREW YOU AGAIN with an ELITE.

The AUTOSET is the best of this type of machine (you can go to BiPap etc for different types of treatment though.)

Save them a trip by doing as Bama suggests, "Please bring an S9 Autoset, or please don't bother to waste any more time."

You will need to decide if "Please" is included in this request.

It's one thing to make a mistake but these guys are obviously liars if your characterization was accurate.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - yes I don't like the company since day one- this has beed going on for weeks. I am not sure if they don't sell the Res med S9 Auto set because they seem to always give me the run around. They said they are overnighting it ups do I will find out tomorrow. Thanks for the info if it's not RES med s9 autoset I'm sending it back and finding another company. My Insurance company said there is only 3 company's that they use and one of them don't carry Res med. I just want to get going with this to see if I feel better. Thanks for the info
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2014, 02:52 PM)RETNYPDSGT Wrote: Ok update, guy came to the house today and insisted it had all the information for the doctor on it and it was a better machine then the res med S9 elite and s9 auto set I showed him the doctors Sript which said S9 auto set with heated hose ect. The guy started to laugh and took machine back. He told me he just does what they tell him so I told him to tell his boss I am letting instance company know. The boss (at least that's what they said) called me back and are sending Res Med S9 auto set elite overnight UPS we will see what happens tomorrow - Thank you everybody for all the help I was clueless but glad I got on this site .

the Resmed Elite is straight CPAP and that isn't what your script says. Call them back and ask for clarification and ask for the model and serial number and then call ResMed (I did this) and ask them to look up the model and serial number and tell you when it was put into circulation and what exact type of machine it is. then, check the usage hours when you get the machine to make sure you got a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok received my Res med S9 Auto Set today it was the right one this company had no clue the difference between auto set and elite. I'm glad I received the right one. Now I have to learn how to set it up. Thank you for all the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2014, 07:28 PM)RETNYPDSGT Wrote: Ok received my Res med S9 Auto Set today it was the right one this company had no clue the difference between auto set and elite. I'm glad I received the right one. Now I have to learn how to set it up. Thank you for all the help.

I have been following your story and I am so pleased you have been given the correct machine at last.
I am sure you will have no problems setting up.
All the very best to you!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.