Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just started CPAP but major problems
RE: Just started CPAP but major problems
(03-17-2018, 11:28 PM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 09:15 PM)ghce Many thanks on your reply and input, yes turned off the heating and humidity after the first night it was causing a lot of soft tissue swelling. Wrote: Am certainly expecting this to take a while to get dialled in but hadn't counted on the narrowed airway passages being an issue.
Will be getting a nasal headset ASAP after I have had words with the consultant at the hospital on Monday and opt for the AirFit P10 nasal Pillow mask though I may need to find a reasonably priced supplier as here in NZ they at very predatory prices (NZ$360.00) compared to US$99.00 form the states or Canada which translates to about NZ$130.00 tops.

How do the prices over there compare to here in Australia?

Everything is cheaper in the US.  Thinking-about

Not sure about OZ prices but i guess they are the same as NZ, Where ever possible I buy every thing out of China or the US
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2018, 12:59 AM)ghce Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 11:28 PM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 09:15 PM)ghce Many thanks on your reply and input, yes turned off the heating and humidity after the first night it was causing a lot of soft tissue swelling. Wrote: Am certainly expecting this to take a while to get dialled in but hadn't counted on the narrowed airway passages being an issue.
Will be getting a nasal headset ASAP after I have had words with the consultant at the hospital on Monday and opt for the AirFit P10 nasal Pillow mask though I may need to find a reasonably priced supplier as here in NZ they at very predatory prices (NZ$360.00) compared to US$99.00 form the states or Canada which translates to about NZ$130.00 tops.

How do the prices over there compare to here in Australia?

Not sure about OZ prices but i guess they are the same as NZ, Where ever possible I buy every thing out of China or the US

Check Oz prices, not as cheap as US, but sometimes cheaper than NZ perhaps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2018, 02:30 AM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 12:59 AM)ghce Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 11:28 PM)Ockrocket Wrote: How do the prices over there compare to here in Australia?

Check Oz prices, not as cheap as UN

Not to turn political or anything, but things are less where the government does not impose import taxes, (value added, import fees, tariffs).  The U.S. imposes tariffs on steel and aluminium and the world loses its collective mind, while they continue to tax everything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2018, 08:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 02:30 AM)Ockrocket Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 12:59 AM)ghce Wrote: Not sure about OZ prices but i guess they are the same as NZ, Where ever possible I buy every thing out of China or the US

Check Oz prices, not as cheap as UN

Not to turn political or anything, but things are less where the government does not impose import taxes, (value added, import fees, tariffs).  The U.S. imposes tariffs on steel and aluminium and the world loses its collective mind, while they continue to tax everything.

NZ is a Tax import neutral country ie no tariffs for close on to 100 of imported goods however when it comes to medical equipment manufacturers and the supply chain feel very free to charge exhobatant prices with mark ups in the 100's of %
Post Reply Post Reply
Rang the Hospital this morning and they supplied me a ResMed airsense p10 for free, so tonight I can try the new mask and see if there is improvement
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,875 4 hours ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 65 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 142 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,548 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 214 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 237 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.