Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just switched from Dreamstation to Vauto
Just switched from Dreamstation to Vauto
Centrals all over the place :S

What is going on

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just switched from Dreamstation to Vauto
Here is close up

Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing:

1. My O2 levels now only have dips of 2 to 3%

and 

2. I do not gasp for air anymore as it can be seen in my tidial volume diagram.

The breathing however in those parts where centrals appear is not just filled with centrals but between centrals, still quite irregular

Post Reply Post Reply
I must apologize because i noticed few more thigns but can not edit old posts so I make 1 more post to say additional info and will ask questions in a more concentrated focused systematic way.

1. I got Vauto because of supposed flow limitations that Dreamstation was ignoring.  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtAF7DpDnjc) here is the vide of what I was dealing with
2. My o2 levels were dipping always along with those supposed flow limitations and I was inhaling a lot as a reaction.
3. My centrals were always there but around 1 per hour maximum

4. Now my O2 do not dip anymore, they wiggle 2% maximum. Only a few times they diped 3%

Questions:
1. Can Vauto give me backup breaths? I read that in the S mode it can preserve the frequency of 10 breaths per minute?
2. What about this rebreathing  CO2 to reduce them if they are caused by hypocapnia? Where does one get those weird lookig tubes?
3. Should I maybe consider ASV?

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the Trigger parameter set to High or Very High?  If not, try setting it. It may help in reducing the CA's.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OKay I will try... What is that paramater?
Post Reply Post Reply
Trigger
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine settings can be seen here... 

I set all to medium.. trigger and cycle. It was that way when I bought it I did not touch it

Post Reply Post Reply
Change Trigger to high or very high as stated above. See if that makes a difference.

If not, you may want to lower PS a little.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The unit comes from the factory set to medium. I am advising you to set the Trigger to High or Very High in hope of reducing the CA's.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 462 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 720 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.