I used my new machine at home for the first time last night. Thanks to everyone for helping to get me to this point in short order.
Checked my results this morning on the S9:
Hours used: 8.5
Leak rate: 3L/min
Mask fit: good (Mr. Green smiley guy)
I was titrated at a pressure setting of 5 in the lab but the machine figured me for an 8 last night (my range is set to 4-10, EPR=2, no ramp).
I felt good when I went to bed; very relaxed and able to breathe well once the machine was on and the mask was adjusted. When the pressure is off, it's very difficult to breathe through the mask. When it's on and the mask fits well, it's paradise. So effortless.
I did not feel like I slept well, despite breathing like I've never breathed before. Hopefully that was due to me just being aware of my situation and will subside. I feel like I was awake/conscious the whole night, even though I'm probably not. Also, I'm usually a stomach sleeper but I tried sleeping on my back and sides last night. After a while my legs start to get uncomfortable and I need to switch positions. Not sure why that happens to me, but the sleep study did not show any concerns of RLS. Finally I ended up on my stomach and amazingly the mask did not come off.
I woke up this morning feeling like someone hit me with a ton of bricks. I felt tired, but in a different way than usual. Instead of yawning, my eyes just feel droopy and I need a nap. It's been getting better throughout the day, though. I think maybe my body is making up on lost sleep.
* felt my throat start to close up at one point while sleeping on back; machine adjusted pressure but not immediately
* mask puts pressure on my front teeth when resting on my face
* nostrils get a little sore at night
* tube tugs on mask, dragging it down and sometimes causing a leak
* dry mouth in the morning even though I think I kept my mouth shut
* some facial marks from mask straps, but they fade quickly
* CLEANING EQUIPMENT IN THE MORNING WHILE ALREADY RUNNING LATE
* S9 is super quiet; wife is happy!
* felt amazing while laying in bed and just breathing... effortlessly.
* wife reports not noticing any snoring last night
Next steps for me are to look into getting one of the software packages, either ResScan or SleepyHead. Also going to monitor my blood pressure to see if I notice any benefits.