Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with new gear: AirTouch F20 and Ultimate Chinstrap
RE: First night with new gear: AirTouch F20 and Ultimate Chinstrap
+ 1 on not too tight to pull back the jaw. try to loosen the top strap till it leaks bad, they just tighten till it stops. I know it sounds funny but try it to help see if the bottom of the mask seals better and you can loosen that..
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
So how is the Ultimate chinstrap working out. I'm trying one. First night I had it too tight and ended up with marks on my face. Going to try it again tonight.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't used it enough to really say. I bought some Chin-Up Strips as an alternative and like them a lot, so the UC hasn't been seeing much use.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
How good are the Chin-Up Strips working?  I'm always looking for alternatives
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2018, 07:57 PM)bonjour Wrote: How good are the Chin-Up Strips working?  I'm always looking for alternatives

It looks like we would have to be cleaner shaven, than you or I, in order for them to work.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not for me but for other that are mouth breathers. I would include it in the Mask Primer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find the Chin-Up Straps extremely effective, easy to use, and comfortable. Unless I start getting some kind of skin irritation, I can see myself using them for a long time to come.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 613 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 171 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 466 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
Question ChinStrap & Data tblaster 2 405 11-28-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap slowe 9 881 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.