Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just tried SH... how bad are my stats?
Just tried SH... how bad are my stats?
I have no idea what I'm doing. here is a pic.

I'm not old enough member to show my link. it's at: https://imgur.com/a/SZHn7   

thanks!

<Link fixed by moderator>
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just tried Sleepyhead... how bad are my stats?
try min 8 max 15 to start with and fix the leaks/mouthbreathing?
also follow the tips to put up your daily chart, for much better advice from fellow members.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Matt. Welcome to Apnea Board. I've fixed the link to your chart and moved this thread to the main forum where it will get greater exposure. You can attach your images directly to your postings without needing to use Imgur or similar accounts.

In general the daily charts from SleepyHead are more useful than the statistics as they show a lot more detail. However, looking at your stats it is obvious you have a significant problem with leaks. If your leaks are over the "red line" the machine can't adequately compensate and can't accurately diagnose apneas or other events. You're over the red line far too much, so this should be the first thing to fix. Only after the leaks are under control is it worth considering any changes to pressure or other settings.

To help us give more targeted advice, could I ask you to update your profile to give the exact make and model of your machine and mask? It makes a substantial difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you are using a Philips Machine the red leak line is in the wrong place as Philips leak rates include intentional leaks so a much higher max leak red line figure is required than the default 24l/s put up some detailed graphs for us to review
Post Reply Post Reply
These results are very good.  You apparently have fixed pressure at 9.0 cm with Flex. Your AHI varies a bit, but has averaged about 1.5, and you have some RERA going on. Nothing here looks like you "must" change anything.  The idea of trying auto-pressure in a range suggested by Ajack is something to consider.  How do you feel at this point? 

[Image: 1Pk3a4W.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think he is in auto by the other stats, it was just the most recent for 6 minutes that showed the 9. None of us are good at just going by the numbers and like the charts better Smile
I was being conservative with the min 8, but it should be better than the min 5, I wouldn't be surprised if the min finishes up 9-10. The max doesn't matter, but that was the pressure being adjusted over the time. To try and get better results
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The other thing I missed was the most recent day was only a few minutes. So we throw that one out and it looks like he is set at 5-20 with average pressure in the mid-9 range and 90% at 11.0. His minimum pressure is too low, and he should be targeting 8 or 9 to about 14 for a pressure range to narrow it down. Otherwise, with an AHI of 1.5, life looks pretty good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 01:38 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: As you are using a Philips Machine the red leak line is in the wrong place as Philips leak rates include intentional leaks so a much higher max leak red line figure is required than the default 24l/s put up some detailed graphs for us to review

I'm not sure that's correct. I no longer have a Philips machine but looking back on my old SleepyHead charts, it appears SH is calculating the leak rate by subtracting the intentional leak from the total. The red line is where the leak rate (ie the difference) is over 24.

So going back to Matt's statistics the time over redline does seem very excessive. We need to see the daily charts to be sure, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks on the Resmed are pretty easy. You look at the leak rate and you know. The Philips Respironics not so easy. The machine doesn't report excessive leaks just total leaks. The 24 ml red line doesn't apply. The only thing the Dreamstation will tell you is if you have a large leak. That varies based on the pressure. To make things easier sleepyhead created a formula for excessive leaks. The million dollar question is if your not getting a large leak report from the Dreamstation should you worry about it? Most of us use the 24ml line from sleepyhead because it makes it simple. But if the machine you use isn't reporting large leaks than it means the machine can still provide treatment. Beginners Guide to sleepyhead does a good job of explaining it. The links below if anyone wants to read it again.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2018, 03:38 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I'm not sure that's correct. I no longer have a Philips machine but looking back on my old SleepyHead charts, it appears SH is calculating the leak rate by subtracting the intentional leak from the total. The red line is where the leak rate (ie the difference) is over 24.

So going back to Matt's statistics the time over redline does seem very excessive. We need to see the daily charts to be sure, though.

This was my experience with SleepyHead and my DreamStation. When I was working to get leaks down while I was on a fixed pressure, I would add 24 to the intentional leak rate for my mask at the pressure I was running. I would set the "Flag leaks over" setting in the SleepyHead settings to that number. This synced the leaks reported by SleepyHead with the leaks reported by Encore Pro, which made it easier for me to use SleepyHead to visualize my leak rates.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 428 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 390 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,209 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 449 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,695 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 412 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,578 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.