Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just tried to start OSCAR for second day and none of my info is showing
RE: Just tried to start OSCAR for second day and none of my info is showing
Something is happening that I can’t put my finger on. What’s happening here is what happened when I tried using sleepyhead before I found Oscar. After I filled out my profile in Oscar that hasn’t happened since. I wake up my Mac put the card in, open Oscar and hit import. And all my data is there from day one, September 27th
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the Debug text you posted in 26, I guessing (hoping!) that you whited out part of your username wherever /Users/phoebe /Documents/ showed - because blnks in a filename can cause problems.
Beyond that I see that Warning that Preferences.xml could not be opened because of Error 5 - which may be a permissions violation - Mac user somewhere?? - also it failed to open the Profiles directory, possibly a similar error?

Without being able to open the Profiles directory, it can't find your data... so you can't see it!

It almost seems like you have a couple of different user names for your Mac, and have signed in with the wrong username. As was mentioned, each username will have its own Documents directory where OSCAR will create separate OSCAR_Data directories for each user. I am not sure, on a Mac, how to see all the usernames that have been created. From a Terminal prompt, "ls -l /Users" should do it, unless permissions are violated... -- advice from Mac users welcome here...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2019, 11:41 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Looking at the Debug text you posted in 26, I guessing (hoping!) that you whited out part of your username wherever /Users/phoebe  /Documents/ showed - because blnks in a filename can cause problems.
Beyond that I see that Warning that Preferences.xml could not be opened because of Error 5 - which may be a permissions violation - Mac user somewhere?? - also it failed to open the Profiles directory, possibly a similar error?

Without being able to open the Profiles directory, it can't find your data... so you can't see it!

It almost seems like you have a couple of different user names for your Mac, and have signed in with the wrong username. As was mentioned, each username will have its own Documents directory where OSCAR will create separate OSCAR_Data directories for each user. I am not sure, on a Mac, how to see all the usernames that have been created. From a Terminal prompt, "ls -l /Users" should do it, unless permissions are violated...  -- advice from Mac users welcome here...
Yes Smile I DID whiteout the last name portion of my username.   I originally posted the report with the way it came up in the report,  When I went back and looked at my post I noticed my last name was showing.  Figured I better take that part out.  So, in reality it is not blank in real life.

I'm not sure what you mean about there being a couple of different user names for my Mac.  The only other user on my computer is my husband and he has his own sign in, but he doesn't use my computer ever.

SO COME ON MAC PEOPLE, WHAT TO DO?? Smile
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, a name change isn't required or needed. The name you choose for your profile can be anything. Just don't change it.

SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. For this reason I highly recommend creating a backup copy on your computer for archival purposes. You should then use this directory each time, day, week, or month, that you download your CPAP data, You should then point OSCAR to this directory for data import instead of the SD card. Also, if you ever decide to go WiFi card data download, you will already have both OSCAR and the directory configured.

Another thought about your missing data; Many people have been the victim of "card pop". This is when you insert the SD card but not enough to fully engage the slot's card lock. This will cause the card to pop back out of its connection.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Mac. Personally if I had this problem I would just uninstall it and start fresh...a lot easier than troubleshooting at a distance.

And make sure you’re signed in under your account and not your husbands each time
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nate for the information.

okayyy, so I shouldn't bother calling Apple to change my name on my computer right at this moment?

I don't know what you mean by create a directory. This is a MAC, not a PC...I haven't used a PC in years. One of the reasons I switched is because I hated dealing with directories and stuff in PCs.

I do understand about SD cards going bad at the drop of a hat, but I JUST picked it up this past week from the DME. And, I am definitely not having a "card pop" issue.

Sigh, Is there any other program I could use that would be as accurate data wise? I really bristle at the thought of having to always start over in this OSCAR.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2019, 02:15 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: I use a Mac. Personally if I had this problem I would just uninstall it and start fresh...a lot easier than troubleshooting at a distance.

And make sure you’re signed in under your account and not your husbands each time

I do believe I will!  Only one more question (I hope)...There is no UNINSTALLER.  How do I make sure all the files are deleted?
Post Reply Post Reply
One quick thing to check on your Mac if it has not been done already:
Open "System Preferences" Click "Security & Privacy" then select the "Privacy" tab. In the right panel scroll down until you see Oscar. You should have the four following entries: Removable Volumes, Downloads Folder, Documents Folder, Desktop Folder.
Make sure they all have a checkmark in the box.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2019, 03:33 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: One quick thing to check on your Mac if it has not been done already:
Open "System Preferences" Click "Security & Privacy" then select the "Privacy" tab.  In the right panel scroll down until you see Oscar.  You should have the four following entries: Removable Volumes, Downloads Folder, Documents Folder, Desktop Folder.
Make sure they all have a checkmark in the box.

I will do this when I get off work.  Thank you.

PS.  This is to prepare to uninstall or if I don't uninstall/and reinstall?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried shutting you computer down and turning it on again? If not do so and if you have more than one user make sure you sign into yours. If this still happens, if you do have a separate users for both you and your husband sign into his. You may very well have been signed into his account and all the info is on his side.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,581 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,507 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,241 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 460 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
  Missing Datalog info - bad SD card or something else? q49q49 4 796 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 802 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.