Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just when I thought you guys were geniuses.....this happened....
Just when I thought you guys were geniuses.....this happened....
I have been struggling for a year and a half with inconsistent results. I posted here several times, and it was suggested to me that my range was too wide and to narrow it, etc. etc. After consulting with my nurse practitioner, she showed me how to program (which I already researched on my own) and we narrowed and my results were almost instantly better......from a 14-15 AHI to 1-5 AHI.

I was beginning to solve my problem, when suddenly, for no reason, my numbers went back (and worse) ..... last night 17 AHI and 10% periodic breathing? Seriously WTF?

And since my numbers vary so crazy, I hate to do another sleep study, because it could be a day I'm fine and show nothing!?

Since, I'm sure no one remembers my past posts, sleep position is not an issue since I sleep in recliner with head propped in exact same position. I am now back to sleeping 4 hours of rotten sleep and unable to function......heart was checked out and supposedly fine.......I am at a loss and desperate.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just when I thought you guys were geniuses.....this happened....
Some of the readings don't make sense to me

Breathing not detected -215%. Not sure what that means

The vibratory snore seems too level though that could be the size of the graph.

On the other hand the pressure settings seem OK and within what you've set.

The Remstar responds to OAs in a certain way and I wonder if the range of 10 to 15 might be too wide. With a 95% pressure of 14.5 maybe you could raise the minimum setting to say 12? Others more experienced than me will comment on this.

You say you sleep in a recliner. How do you support your neck? Could chin droop be causing your OAs?

Just some thoughts. Let's see what the experienced members say.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was this a one-time deal? Did your hose get pinched in the recliner?
Post Reply Post Reply
This was just one night? Ignore it for now. Gather more data. If it happens more than that and happens consecutively, then we'll help you deal with it.

One night's worth of data is almost useless. Too many factors go into not just how the machine reports the data, but the sleep itself.

If it is more than one night already, then take a loot at anything that changed. Medication (new? adjusted?) Weather? Food? Job? Stress? Change location of machine?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have always had vastly different numbers .....from 3 - 18 AHI.....it was suggested here to narrow my range from 7-16 which I recently did. My numbers were good usually under 5 for about 2 weeks and then had a day it was 7 and then 15 and now 17. I feel horrendous. I felt myself waking a lot in the brief time I slept. I had to leave work early today, I'm so foggy and exhausted.....

I just do not understand why my numbers are never consistent. I'm so puzzled by this....is it a cpap issue or an underlying health issue. My dr brushes it off, but I am unable to function and struggle to make it through the day.

I'm 51 and thin, so not a typical cpap patient. I started this journey because I was having problems falling asleep, jumping awake every time I would drift off....again, sporadic

I feel like I've lost my life and energy and feel like I'm 100 years old.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  The Nose Is Weirder Than We Thought Lucid 15 1,527 11-24-2023, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  What happened? highlandwarlord 10 859 06-29-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: highlandwarlord
  What happened to me here? CA's back to back livsmonster 0 357 04-24-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: livsmonster
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What Happened at 3 a.m.? dhamments 9 927 08-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dhamments
  first night taped. what happened? rogerncormier74 5 766 04-13-2022, 07:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.