Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just wondering
Just wondering
Hi all just wondering how many of you use the Fisher an Paykel Sleepstyle Auto

I did see an read the reviews here 
But  where I’m getting mine from  an looked at  fair few places they were all telling me the top 3 were

Resmed airsense 10
Fisher an paykel sleep style auto
An philips dreamstation auto

Soooo hard to choose one they say them all pretty much have the same features 
I don’t need it for camping or travel so I don’t need  battery 

I’m sort of leaning towards fisher an paykel 
Looks nice an simple 

But just dint know  what it tells ya like I mean does it say mask leak an all that like the others
An
Thanks in advance

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just wondering
Welcome

I'm a relative newbie here, but I THINK I can safely say you will be advised to get the ResMed Air Vauto 10...I may have the name off by a little, I'm not at home to check.    I KNOW an experienced member will provide any info you need.

This machine is consistently suggested by the experienced members.  There may be some consideration needed though based on your apnea situation.

Have you posted your redacted sleep studies yet?  This will help those in the know to help you decide.

Wishing you the best,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new around here, but yes, the ResMed AirSense 10 with AutoSet is considered to be the machine that offers the best treatment options for everyone.  

I have the for her model, which has the most options/algorithms.  

More info on machines is found here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lee,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Im sure the F&P SleepStyle is a decent machine, but the answer to your question would be based on if you want to monitor your own therapy.  Right now, I don't believe this particular machine is supported by the OSCAR software.  It may be something that's being worked on in the future by the OSCAR team.
If you want feedback on your therapy from this forum, we prefer the use of this newest software.  

Here is a guide that may help you choose, but most here would suggest you lean toward the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or the AutoSet for Her model.  The DreamStation Auto would be a second choice.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi thanks Heaps for the reply yea I’ll definitely have a look Was Mainly asking as well as where I did my sleep test they keep saying to me to get the fisher an paykel one. So I wasn’t sure why they keep saying it. But there all same price.but Thanks heaps for the reply 

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
Lee. Wrote:Was Mainly asking as well as where I did my sleep test they keep saying to me to get the fisher an paykel one. So I wasn’t sure why they keep saying it.

There is a conflict of interest at play in Australia, where the entity that conducts the sleep test is the same one who interprets the results and the same one that sells the machines. It's all too incestuous for my liking. There's a reason doctors aren't supposed to own pharmacies. It may be that they genuinely believe the F&P is the best machine (and there's certainly nothing wrong with it), OR they may make a bigger margin on the F&P compared with the other brands.

But as mentioned above the Resmed Autoset (or Autoset for Her) is the gold standard, and they're made right here in Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou very much for the reply. I will definitely look at the. Resmed but also just to confirm they didn’t even sell any machines where I got  my test done at  they also have three machines I could have trailed  was the Resmed airsense 10 auto the dreamstation auto an the fisher an paykel auto  they did say can buy from anyone or anywhere  said they were all around the same price  3 of them all told me they recommended the fisher an paykel.
Sorry for the questions earlier an like I said I’m very new to this  an I’m not a member anywhere else so that’s why I was asking just to get best advice  an  try find out if they had a lot of different options between them. An because I wasn’t even buying from them. 

Fair enough if I was getting from them an they only had one brand I’d be thinking well mabe they just want me to get there but that wasn’t the case 

Anyway bthabks heaps for the reply an I will have a look at it for sure thankyou
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed ads for the "For Her" model suggest that women breathe differently from men. Is that for real? I had the suspicion that they just put a pink cover on the machine, but a comment here suggested that the "For Her" model has better algorithms, maybe for anyone?

I'm wondering if I made a mistake getting a DreamStation. I'll start a new thread about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The other benefit of the Resmed and the Dreamstation is they work with OSCAR to see full breath by breath data I don’t know about the F+P machine
Post Reply Post Reply
The list of currently supported machines is shown in this wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines

The reason I universally recommend the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset machines to anyone prescribed CPAP is the more responsive algorithm that is based on a much denser measurement of your respiratory flow (25 times per second vs 5 times per second for Philips), its ability to respond to flow limitation, which is the foundation of obstructive apnea, hypopnea and respiratory effort related arousals (RERA), and the fact it provides a true bilevel pressure with up to 3-cm of pressure difference between inhale and exhale pressure. EPR can act as not only a comfort feature, but is capable of real therapeutic effects. Combined with the data capabilities from OSCAR, there is simply no other machine that is better for the individual that intends to monitor and improve their therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 218 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 262 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 453 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 570 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP, wondering how well it's going Riayain 70 4,286 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 596 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  wondering if I really still need my. CPAP machine Gil 11 1,714 07-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.