Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just wondering
RE: Just wondering
Yea thanks heaps I think I will be going with this one  the Resmed airsense thanks for ya help. Just a quick note tho my mum has the fisher an paykel an was cheap she really likes it tho for her. But just wondering does the airsense have the feature same as fisher an paykel called senswake? Don’t even know if it’s an important feature and if useful lol an  also does that detect  central apnea’s? Thanks 

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi I know I need an Auto an there’s a few of the Resmed airsense 10  so do you think the Resmed airsense 10 auto is the one I should get? Or I think I seen an auto not sure tho or what that means or if any difference
Post Reply Post Reply
When I did my test I had central appeas aswell as osa. But they recommend I didn’t need a BiPAP but they said I should get the cpap auto.
Atm I’m trailing one from them it’s a Philips dreamstation but I got to give it back in 2 more weeks then I’ll buy my own but I’ve been useing the test machine for about 2 weeks now and they checked the card an what not an said I didn’t have any centrals after using this.
So really want to know if the Resmed airsense 10 detects central for sure? An do you think they would be nearly eliminated with the airsense like it is with this dreamstation?
Post Reply Post Reply
It should say "Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet" or "Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her."

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines

You should also order the Clinicians Manual for your machine.

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2020, 11:12 AM)Lee. Wrote: So really want to know if the Resmed airsense 10 detects central for sure? An do you think they would be nearly eliminated with the airsense like it is with this dreamstation?

The machine will detect and flag centrals (clear airway events), but cannot treat them.  Only an ASV machine can treat central apnea.  But it doesn't sound like you have a central apnea problem.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just trying to look for  the Clinicians Manual for your machine Not really sure what this is or what you mean by it just trying to have a read haha so sorry
Or is it something I ask the sleep place when I buy my machine ?  Hope I don’t have to ask them I doubt they would give it to me haha

I did have central in the sleep study I’ll show ya the pic or results one sec
Post Reply Post Reply
Damn it’s to large I’m on iPad so can’t send sorry 

Events
Apnea overall ahi 53.3
Central 24.7
Obstructive 14.7
Mixed14.0
Hypopnea 20.8
Total 74.1

Supine ahi
Apnea 86.1
Central 45.5
Obstructive 15.8
Mixed 24.8
Hypopnea 3.9
Total 90.0

It has rem ahi if ya need that
Nrem ahi
Longest duration 
Supine
Rem
Nrem

Ate etc

But they the doctors an sleep ppl suggested I try cpap Auto first after 2 weeks  with this they said I haven’t had any centrals an  don’t think I need a bipap 
That’s why was asking bout the Resmed with centrals 
Sorry 
If need any more information I can type it out 
First night ever using it said my ahi was 3.1 I feel so good using it not tired. Now haha
Post Reply Post Reply
Overall AHI over 50 with half of them centrals.

It sounds to me that they want you on Cpap, which you will probably fail at, then move you to Bipap or possibly ASV. An ASV is the only machine to treat centrals.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Lee, the Clinicians manual will help you in changing pressure settings and make other adjustments as needed. And no, a DME or doctor wont give that to you.

You can get that here. Click on the link I gave you, scroll down to section three and find your machine. Then follow directions for ordering.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The presence of a large proportion of central and mixed apnea in your sleep study is a concern, particularly with nearly twice as many central events than obstructive. This is not routine obstructive sleep apnea. You have been using the Philips Dreamstation for a while, it would be very interesting to see the results in OSCAR. These new facts concerning central or complex apnea, make many recommendations, and especially any comment I made about EPR moot, but it also makes it very important that the machine you select be able to detect central apnea. In post #13 you say you are on a trial, with a Dreamstation. If you can show us some data from that, it would be extremely helpful.

The F&P Sleepstyle is supposed to detect central apnea and use the InfoSmart system to notify your doctor or clinician if there are problems. The questions is, will anyone get that notice? You won't have access to your own detail data to know what is going on. The Senseawake feature is supposed to detect if you re awake and lower pressure until it detects sleep. My opinion of this feature is that it's unnecessary. CPAP pressure. in the absence of leaks. is not uncomfortable to anyone that has adapted to it. I see many posts of members that though the CPAP was off until they pulled th mask away and could feel the air start to blow. Auto machines operate within the limits of their settings, and pressure that is too low is both ineffective and uncomfortable to the awake person.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 168 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 403 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 543 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP, wondering how well it's going Riayain 70 4,168 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 579 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  wondering if I really still need my. CPAP machine Gil 11 1,614 07-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.