Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just wondering
RE: Just wondering
I agree with SleepRider above.

It is IMHO imperative that you post data from your DS. Seeing Central Apnea that was dominant in your sleep study just disappear on a CPAP is unheard of. It is NOT unheard of for central apnea to be very irregular and have minimal events for a while but NOT disappear.
Our goal is to see your treatment proceed down the right path.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lee, do not buy any machine until this question of central apnea has been sorted out. Your sleep study results indicate a significant central apnea problem which can't normally be treated with a CPAP or APAP machine. Sleep docs and therapists have been trying to do this for years and they keep failing. Sometimes you can get an apparent improvement with an APAP, but it never lasts and the centrals come back.

My guess is that they are trying to get the CPAP to work for you because the machine you need - an ASV - is bloody expensive.

It's very important that we see the actual results the Dreamstation is giving - either with OSCAR or else get the clinic to print them out for you and upload it. We need to see the actual numbers.

I would just remind everybody that Lee is in Australia and the American insurance rules do no apply here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DB, I missed that Lee is one of your upside down "friends". Good point!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your help ok sorry I am on iPad so for some reason says my files to big so won’t let me upload them I’ll type what it says Hope makes sense to you lol

This what she printed out from the dreamstation thing
Daily details
Indices
CSR Cheyene- strokes respiration 0.4% of night in csr
Ca clear airway 0.7
Oa obstructed 1.7
H hypopnea 1.2
FL flow limitations 1.7
Vs virbratory snore 14.6
RE rera 0.4
Ahi 3.6

Second night says
CSR 0.0
Ca 1.2
Oa 1.2
H 2.6
FL 1.3
Vs 8.7
Re 0.4
Ahi 5.2
Mins in mask leak 2.0 mins
% of night in large leak 0.4 of night
Average unintentional leak 22.2

3rd night
0.0 csr
Ca 1.7
0a 1.4
H 2.4
Fl 0.7
Vs 13.8
Re 0.9
Ahi 5.1
Average unintentional leak 18.4

Day 4
CSA 0.2% night in csr
Ca 1.0
Oa 0.6
H 2.7
Fl 1.2
Vs 9.9
Re 0.5
Ahi 4.3
Average unintentional leak 19.3
2.0 mins large leak

Day 5
0.7% night in csr
Ca 0.8
Oa 0.7
H 2.9
Fl 1.0
Vs 9.0
Re 0.0
Ahi 4.2
Average unintentional leak 21.9

Day 6
0.7% of night in csr
Ca 1.1
Oa 2.1
H 4.1
Fl 1.0
Vs 13.4
Re 0.8
Ahi 7.1
Average unintentional leak 17.3

Day 7
0.4 % csr
Ca 1.7
Oa 4.1
H 2.3
Fl 0.6
Vs 8.5
Re 0.4
Ahi 6
Average unintentional leak 32.3

That’s all I got or can find at the moment sorry I had to do it like this an hope makes sense

Was the same person went through the results when I first started I had to go back an see her after 1 week the first week ever using it
An she printed out the results that’s what I typed here
I did also ask her about the centrals when I went back she was showing me on the screen.
Sure she said something along the line not there or mabe nothing to worry or something but can’t remember for sure
An yea I am trailing the Philips dreamstation auto cpap

Sometimes I do move the. Nose thing around a bit as I have a moustache an goatee an I’m trying a eson2 nasal thing
So sorry had to do it like this way as I said I tried taking a pic with my phone but my images keep saying to large I’m only on iPad
Anyway they thought I was doing well
Said ahi should be under 5
An yea I am in Australia mabe things bit different here hey haha thanks all for everyone helping me
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the text results above, you have a serious leak problem that is getting worse. Your events are primarily obstructive, but the leak threshold is large enough to affect the AHI and interpretation of the events. We don't know your pressure or exhale pressure relief settings (FLEx). That said, you need to correct the leaks, probably by getting a better fitting size or style of mask. Don't just crank down the straps. The increasing OA events suggest a need for higher minimum pressure. What is your median pressure being used in Auto mode? That might make a good minimum setting.

You have enough flow limitation and hypopnea events, that the EPR on a Resmed is going to work better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou I’m sorry I will get it now gimme a few mins an yea when I go back I was going to try a different mask I know myself tho I put it on an through the night I know I move it or pull it off my face abit as I myself think mabe it’s leaking so I move it around  an I had it high up on my nose they said it should be lower just above me top lip  so I kept moving it around to try get what I thought was good haha I’m using a medium but I’ll get that pressure thing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi so sorry for not being able to print it out to make it easier for you 

Device mode autocpap- a-flex device settings 
Min pressure 6 cmh20
Max pressure 20 cmh20
A-flex setting 1
Auto on  is. on
Ramp type smartramp 
Ramp time 30 mins
Ramp start pressure 6.0 cmh20
Tubing type 15 ht 
Tube temperature 1
Humidifier 3
Humidification mode on heated tube disconnect  adaptive

Says in there results
Auto-cpap summary 
Auto-cpap mean pressure 9.4 cmh20
Auto-cpap peak average pressure was 12.3cmh20
Average device pressure <=90% of time 12.4cmh20
Average time in large leak per day 52 secs

Day 1 
90% pressure 13.1
Average cpap 10.6

Day 2 
90% pressure 11.9
Average cpap 8.6

Day 3
90% pressure 12.9
Average cpap 9.6

Day 4
90% pressure 10.7
Average cpap 8.4

Day 5
90% pressure 10.5
Average cpap 8.4

Day 6
90% pressure 13.3
Average 9.2

Them days one I typed out is in the pressure cmh20 graphs  hope that makes 
Sense 
I think she said these mabe were a bit high but I can’t remember 
I’m super new to all this 
But I got to take machine back in 2 weeks then I’ll have to buy my own then 
So thankyou very very much for helping me I really appreciate you all helping an having a look 
So sorry can’t post pics for you
Post Reply Post Reply
Besides leaks, I'm also seeing consistently inconsistent CA events, down one night, then up the next, that is if numbers aren't skewed by the leak rate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lee, I think a minimum pressure of 9.0 will clean things up. The Philips machines tend to be slow to get to presure with OA, and will drop back too quickly causing H events if the minimum is too low. This will mean your pressure will vary mostly in the range of 9.0 to 12.0 which will be less disruptive than larger pressure swings. You're about 3-cm below your therapy pressure. Smartramp may be okay, but most of us do not use ramp unless there is a comfort issue. Just reduce the time at ramp to the minimum you can tolerate with comfort or turn it off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks heaps guys for your reply’s and helping me thankyou so much
So the sleep place told me last time I was there I should be ok with the cpap Auto instead of bipap
I’ll have to do what they say I suppose but I can still ask questions 
But do you think the Resmed airsense Auto be best if I go with cpap Auto? 
An just out of curiosity does that detect centrals in  that machine an or app?
I have to return there’s in 6th February then I’ll have to buy one  an no my insurance doesn’t cover anything  over here well not one I’m in I can pay machine off tho I’ll see what they say 
But if I have some questions to ask them I will for sure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 207 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 255 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 449 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 567 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP, wondering how well it's going Riayain 70 4,277 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 594 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  wondering if I really still need my. CPAP machine Gil 11 1,703 07-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.