Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just wondering
RE: Just wondering
Yea, Boston Terriers. A rowdy bunch, and sometimes cute.

[Image: Mp3YQ5Cl.jpg]

[Image: eZHSUy3l.jpg]

Even my bartender likes him.

[Image: ogAyQ4Jl.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Omg there soooo coool look awesome I love these dogs. Also over here there very expensive my mate paid 3000 for one of his with no papers.
An got another mate  paid 5000 to 6000 with papers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hiya just wondering I was reading somewhere not sure if it’s true or not so I want to ask here.
If you cough when you have ya mask on can’t that stuff your machine up?
Obviously you wouldn’t do it on purpose but say if you were asleep an didn’t know an started to cough or something yea would that stuff the machine up as it’s fair bit of sudden air going in or what happens if this happens?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
No, coughing won't do any harm to your machine - there is a long tube between the machine and your mask, with all the air flowing one way. When you cough, the expelled air will largely be flushed out the vent in your mask - your machine might see it as a momentary pressure glitch, but it won't do any harm. If you have a coughing fit, you'll likely wake up and pull the mask off anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all you probably getting sick of me asking all these questions n I’m really sorry it’s just I got to buy my machine in 2 weeks an want to make sure all is good an if I have any questions should I ask when I go back?

Ok so as you know I’m trailing the Philips dreamstation cpap Auto an the sleep place printed out my results an showed me an gave them to me
But I want to know what’s

Chyeyne strokes mean an are they bad?

An. Really want to know what’s the

Vs Virbratory Snore. Is this bad?

I did ask them but they said they really mainly wanna see what the Ahi is the obstructive an centrals an they want to see the flow limitation thing what ever that is if important I don’t know

Only reason I wanted to know the vs snore thing cause before I started the cpap it sounded like I was sawing down trees all night I was sooooo loud it wasn’t funny.
An before the cpap I knew I use to snore loud an I’d always wake with a really dry mouth an throat.
But I’ve been trying the Eason 2 it’s a little one that goes just over my nose only I know when I have the nose thing on an the cpap on feels funny if you open ya mouth
Anyway I don’t think I open my mouth anymore using the nose one an also the last was quite happy so far with my results.

One more last one the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto can you make it so the air is cooler coming out on the machine ? As I’d like cooler air
I know my mums fisher an paykel doesn’t go any cooler

Hopefully someone can answer these an thankyou so much y’all supper helpful an I really appreciate it

Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
Lee. Wrote:Hi all you probably getting sick of me asking all these questions n I’m really sorry it’s just I got to buy my machine in 2 weeks an want to make sure all is good an if I have any questions should I ask when I go back?

That's what we're here for - Apnea patients helping each other. It's much better to ask all the questions before you put your money down.

Cheyne Stokes Respiration (SCR): Most of the CSR that's flagged by CPAP machines isn't true CSR at all, but a thing called periodic breathing. True CSR consists of a normal flow which (over a minute or so) decreases to that you're hardly breathing, followed by a central apnea. The flow then gradually increases then decreases again followed by another apnea. True CSR can be a bad thing as it's often associated with congestive heart failure. But most so-called CSR isn't really that at all - it's just a repeated series of apneas or hypopneas. If you had true CSR you'd also have all the symptoms of heart failure.

Vibratory snore VS1 and VS2 Dreamstation machines flag two types of snores, VS1 and VS2. Resmed just calls them snore. Snoring is one of the classic symptoms of sleep apnea and a properly set up machine will pretty much eliminate it. But the Dreamstation always shows hundreds of VS2 events a night - we usually tell people to turn VS2 off in Oscar because it covers up all the other events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheyne-Stokes Respiration is a form of periodic breathing with central apnea at the low-flow point. It is normally associated with congestive heart failure, but can be present in individuals with central apnea. Several machine flag any periodic breathing and may label it as CSR. If you ever see it, take a screen-shot and we can help interpret.

VS is vibratory snore, and is a key even causing pressure to increase on Philips machines. It is an index of snoring, and suggests a need for higher pressure or pressure support. VS is not used in Resmed machines which rely on flow limitation, which is a flattening or reduction in the mid and latter parts of inspiration. The machine can measure that and increase pressure to counter-act. Flow limitation is a more reliable indicator of pending obstruction, and is part of the reason the Resmed responds ahead of events. It doesn't wait for the snore to happen to raise pressure. Snores indicate flow limitation and obstruction have progressed to the point where tissues are vibrating due to turbulence in the restricted airway. More pressure theoretically inflates the airway and stops the snore or flow limitation.

No CPAP actually cools the air, however, you can use passive humidification where no heat is applied to the water in the humidity chamber. The evaporation of water can cool the air. Some people will add ice cubes or chilled water to the humidifier chamber. While the cooling effect is minor and does not last long, it may make you more comfortable.

With nasal masks and pillows, air is directly applied to the nose. For new users, this creates a pressure difference between the airway and mouth, so air will rush out when you open your mouth. More experienced users can learn to actualy talk or sip drinks with nasal therapy applied, and control the pressure with the back of the tongue. Trust me, it can be done. If you really want laughs, just practice talking with the mask on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou  sleeprider yea I was haveing a look an 570usd plus 100usd 670 total is like 990 aus dollars an then to trail the machine I’m on was 250 which when I purchase one that 250 comes off the price of what ever machine I choose 
 An if anything happens to that machine in the warranty they give me a machine to use for how ever long I need free of charge in the 5 yearswhen they replace the one I had weather it’s them fixing it or buying a new one so to me I think that’s pretty good 
An in the 5 years they monitor me for 5 years with weekly fortnightly or monthly reports 
Or can ask for additional sleep test free in I need an trailing new mask to see if works before I buy 
So should only be like an extra 100 aud total which is pretty good I think 
But I’ll keep coming here you guys all super nice an helpful an super fast replies it’s awesome I really appreciate it 
An I’ll see what they say if they say get the auto  cpap I’ll go for the Resmed Airsense 
Thanks heaps
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 537 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP, wondering how well it's going Riayain 70 4,138 05-01-2023, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Silly question perhaps, but I'm wondering Windswell 2 577 09-16-2022, 03:08 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  wondering if I really still need my. CPAP machine Gil 11 1,612 07-21-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: ThinMountainAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.