Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

JustMongo passed away [Apnea Board Monitor]
Arrow 
[Image: avatar_15492.jpg]
Profile avatar of Bob (JustMongo)
Apnea Board Monitor

I have the very sad duty to inform our membership that one of our staff members (JustMongo) has passed away. 

JustMongo (Bob from California) has been absent from the forum for nearly a month and the staff has been expressing concern for him.  We attempted to contact him to no avail, until a relative answered a letter I recently sent to him, quoted in part below:

Quote:We received your letter expressing concern for Bob.  I am sorry to tell you that he passed on peacefully at home on August 11th in the afternoon.  I know that he helped many people through his emails.  We will and do miss him.  He is not longer in pain and has started his new journey.

The best to you.

None of us here have a lot of detail concerning Bob's personal life, other than knowing that he faithfully served his country in some sort of military intelligence capacity.  He joined Apnea Board on September 10, 2013 (exactly four years ago today).  Bob was asked to serve as an Apnea Board Monitor on September 11, 2015.  Bob's service in the intelligence field actually helped him perform his duties as a forum Monitor here.  Several times his "investigative skillset" proved to be very valuable to myself and the other staff members when investigating spammers and hackers.

It's interesting to me that his last time logging into Apnea Board was about one hour from his time of death.  It looks like he literally died with his "Apnea Board boots on" so-to-speak, performing his forum monitoring duties.  A very fitting legacy for a man who wanted the best for his country and for fellow sleep apnea sufferers.

Bob-- may you REST IN PEACE.

We will miss you, my friend.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Aw man! Unfortunately not unexpected news. Rest in peace Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so sad to hear that. I really appreciated his help and his humor.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm so sorry. What a committed and kind soul.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will miss him too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rest in peace, Bob, you will be missed.
I enjoyed reading your many posts.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm speechless.

RIP JustMongo.

Taps
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very saddened to hear this.  I always enjoyed JustMongo's posts.   He was someone that I looked up to.

RIP Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very sad news he was one of a kind and will be greatly missed.
RIP Bob
Post Reply Post Reply

RIP Bob.

He will be missed. I always looked forward to his posts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 424 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming
  Any railfans "on board" (pun intended) CPAPreturnee 1 350 05-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Computer Monitor Linearity surferdude2 6 765 10-31-2016, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board GregLawson 43 5,297 12-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 3,949 12-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Leonard Nimoy Passed away. justMongo 4 759 03-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Visitor
  If you use 'PayPal', and like the board... Peter_C 3 961 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2