Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions
KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions
I've been using the Resmed Airsense 10 AutoSet (for Her) for a couple years.
I recently started reviewing my sleep charts using OSCAR (which I love).
I operate it in APAP mode with a min pressure of 4 and a max of 11 cm H20. Ramp is off. 
What I notice is that the pressure starts to ramp up without any apneas being recorded.

Question #1 
Can anyone tell me what what initiates this increase in pressure?

Although my proscribed pressure is 13 cm H2O I get very severe dry mouth. As I reduce this pressure to about say 8 cm H20 over several days, the dry mouth does not occur.  I keep the humidifier on the max setting and there is water left in the morning. This even seems to be the case when I keep my mouth closed, or think I do.
Question #2
Is this a common problem with higher pressures? 

Thanks
Barry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
The Resmed uses the flow limit as the determinant in setting the pressure. As the flow limit increases, so will the pressure.

Please update your profile to reflect your new CPAP, pressures, and mask. It can help in forming a response to your questions.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Thanks. I was unaware of that. I have included a screen grab including the Flow Limit.
I'm working on updating my profile.
Barry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions
I just realized that your initial post was in the CPAP review forum.  Since your posts relate to questions and not making a review, I have split them out into their own thread.  I have renamed your thread, KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions.  This title will allow you to post a wide variety of questions and/or insights concerning your equipment and therapy.  Please use this thread for all further posts on this subject.

I am following this post up with the same message in a PM.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: KC2684 - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Therapy Questions
Two things that I see that may help future responses to your post.  1. Please use the F12 key or (Fn+F12 if on a Mac) to take the screenshot of the daily screen.  The data on the left provides a bunch of information.  2. Change back to the Standard view for your graphs.  The "Advanced" view is intended for advanced CPAPs, such as an ASV, ST, ST-A, or iVAPS, and does not provide any additional information for your CPAP.   The wording for these views has been changed for upcoming releases to correct this misconception.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 11 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 153 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.