Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Kaerys KXS Auto information wanted
Kaerys KXS Auto information wanted
I have acquired a compact auto CPAP unit made by Kaerys in France. It is a model KXS Auto, and it is great for travelling as it is very small.
It works well, but I need an instruction manual to find out how to set the max and min pressures.
The company has been acquired a couple of times since this was manufactured, and I cannot find anything about it on the web.
Can anyone help with this info?
Thanks
Nessie
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Kaerys KXS Auto information wanted
Hi Nessie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar with that machine but have you tried putting the name of it into a search engine to see what you find?
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Best of luck to you in finding out more about your machine and with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Pity, I cannot find much info either
It does sound an interesting machine specially the battery pack, makes it an ideal travel machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Anybody can provide the monitoring software or at least the user manual for Auto CPAP Kaerys KxS Bump+ by now?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
The website http://www.kaerys.com/ seems to be abandoned. And this advertisement does not give good feelings either...
https://shop.cephalon.eu/Auto-CPAP---Kae...-EN&11=899
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Kaerys Bump (AFAIK the first Auto CPAP+Bump) is obsolete, although still pretty good. Now I bought an Aircurve and beyound the monitoring, it does prtty much the same for me.

About Kaerys I asked in the last few months around upon ALL leads, I mean every ebay seller, every contact of the companies still having it`s picture or code / accesories on their website, and nobody could help. I could only get an error list for it, and the clinical menu that I discovered myself. AFAIK (it was used in clinical studies when it first appeared, was kinda breackthrough) it does have memory/monitoring function, but I do not know how it could connect. It has a blank (opaque) window where cold have been an IR port, and inside no radio/BT module present, only a 4 or 6 pin connector (jtag like) but that does not seem practical, so I suppose there must be another way to download the data. Maybe the IR port is missing on mine. It does not appear to wifi/BT scanning anyway.

Domage, it is a good device, very silent, pretty powerful (mine is 14 cmH2O) and customizable, and most of all, is more portable compared to the ResMed Aircurve, making it suitable a backup device on the road.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both Kaerys Bump and ResMed Aircurve (so I suppose also any other similar) work fine on auto lighter (12-24v) with a cheap 120w invertor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 234 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,760 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 423 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 461 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Treatment] Excessive Sleepiness Despite "Good" Data. Advice Wanted iamverysleepy 2 655 10-19-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: iamverysleepy
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 596 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.