Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Larger reservoir for Air Sense 10 Autoset
RE: Larger reservoir for Air Sense 10 Autoset
...my modified reservoir has been working just fine - with no leaks - for 15 months now, and it fits inside my factory supplied travel bag with the tubes easily removed, along with the collapsible bottle.  Other than the bottle having some creases in it and looking a little tired everything is nominal.  I sleep non-stop some nights up to 9 hours or so, and this is when the relative humidity is 5% here in the desert.  I've gone 10 once in a while.

I rinse it out with a combination of hot water and a few drops of Dawn dish washing liquid and iodine twice a week along with my heated hose and headgear.  I scrub the interior of the hose with a long brush on a spiral wire.  Can't remember where I bought it but it was inexpensive and probably 6 feet long.

I have to agree the manufacturer should offer a larger sized reservoir as an option, but for under $20.00 mine is working just fine.

I just turned 63 and have a drop dead gorgeous 50 year old girl friend.  Not only does she LOVE that I don't snore she also likes the added benefits of a healthy libido.  Do I credit being successfully treated for Apnea for this?  You BETCHA.    Dancing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for RonKMiller's important work in the world of sleep health.

Just upgraded from an AirSense 10 to an AirSense 11. I'm lucky enough to make it through the night. But if you have trouble with the capacity of the 10, wait till you try an 11. I immediately started looking for an upgrade tank and came upon this thread. See my implementation of this with mods below. 

I used to be able to go about 5 days with my AirSense 10 on auto. With an 11, I can just about squeeze in 3 nights on a full tank.

Call me lazy or unsanitary, but I'd like a tank to last about a week before taking the cpap machine apart. So I followed these steps and tried a little variation with one hose first, to see how it went. And it worked ok. Will figure out my cleaning schedule as I go.

I tried to make the water run downhill from the expansion tank, and in to the lowest point on the built-in humidifier tank. I ended up with a one gallon Rubbermaid Brilliance container, because it was the same price as the next one down. I don't suppose I'll ever fill it up, but the tall size makes it easy to refill next to the bed. And it looks like I can add a lot of water without issue. I had some trouble with leaks when the system was pressurized. I ended up using a little aquarium grade silicone adhesive on the threads and the seal is good now. I put the whole thing on a cafeteria tray by my bed, just in case it blows up.  But I'm very happy with how it works.

I'm using a piece of blue tape to figure out my fill line. But I suppose I could add even more water and try it out. The back pressure when the main tank is closed seems to allow me to add extra water in the expansion tank, without overflowing. Still figuring that out.

Anyway, I've been using this a few days so far so good. Although it's big, it should save me lots of trips to the kitchen for a rinse and refill, over the years. Great hack!

FYI I will use my original tank - old school design - for traveling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't realize that the water tanks are the same size on the AirSense 10 and 11. Still I'm going through water faster on the new system. Glad I found this post, even though it's 5 years old it was a tremendous help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 9 1,455 04-11-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: kalensk
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,153 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 222 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,949 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 562 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,572 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 419 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.