Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Kazoo sound
Kazoo sound
I have a REMstar Plus CPAP machine that has started to sound like a kazoo when I exhale, but otherwise operates fine. Is there a service that needs to be performed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Kazoo sound
Welcome

The sound is coming from the machine or the mask?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 01:45 PM)AlanE Wrote: Welcome

The sound is coming from the machine or the mask?

From the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
check the gaskets. I don't know about your machine, but when my Airsense A10 did that the gaskets on the humidifier were the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fred Bob,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m not sure what would cause that sound.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the hose connections, the seals, the intake filter, humidifier if you have one. The bits you can get to. If those are okay and it is still under warranty have it fixed. If it isn't you'll need to find someone who can repair it. Check some of the suppliers. Link is at the top of the page.

If you are a handy person, and have a back up machine, you might find the bearings on the motor are the culprit. That would be my guess though. I wouldn't take it apart unless I had another machine to use and only if it was no longer under a warranty.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 182 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 209 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,872 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 510 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  Constant air leak sound but leak doesn't show up in software shanky 2 856 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: shanky
  Weird sound coming from Resmed Airsense 10 milim72 1 712 01-24-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.