Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Keep forgetting to put on maso
Sad 
Keep forgetting to put on maso
Good morning, 

I keep waking up in the mornings only to see i forgot to put my cpap mask on, is very frustrating but at times i go to bed and have everything setup only to dose off before i know it. I dont always put it on immediately after going to bed since im either praying or just talking to my wife.

It would be awesome if there is some sort of alarm if its lats say.. 11:00 pm and the coap machine is off?

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Keep forgetting to put on maso
You could always set an alarm, but I think remembering to mask up is preferable!

I don't do it anymore, but I did that a few times when I started. I hung my hose from my lamp that swings over my pillow. My mask was always hanging approx. 2" above my pillow! Before I would lay down I literally had to either move it or use it. I found I used it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your tips, do you know if the ststem one has such alarm?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 10:26 AM)ezdrifler Wrote: Thank you for your tips, do you know if the ststem one has such alarm?

I've never heard of an alarm when the blower isn't in use.  I suppose you could use a pulse oximeter with alarm (when your sp02 drops) that might wake you up assuming your sp02 drops when you forget to use the mask.  But you would have to remember to put it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 10:26 AM)ezdrifler Wrote: Thank you for your tips, do you know if the ststem one has such alarm?

No, system one does not have an alarm.  I think he meant an alarm clock or other type of alarm.

Sleep Hygiene is important to successfull therapy.  

Heres what to do:

Talk to your wife "before" masking up.

Put mask on "before" getting into bed.

You can pray with mask on in bed.  I do it all the time. Or pray "before" masking up.

These are changes only you can make.  If you get into bed without that mask on, and you are the type to just forget and fall asleep, you aren't doing yourself any favors.  

Sorry, not lecturing....just trying to use common sense.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 10:37 AM)OpalRose Wrote:

No, system one does not have an alarm.  I think he meant an alarm clock or other type of alarm.

Heres what to do:

You can pray with mask on in bed.  I do it all the time. Or pray "before" masking up.

These are changes only you can make.  If you get into bed without that mask on, and you are the type to just forget and fall asleep, you aren't doing yourself any favors.  

Yea it makes sense, I would really like having a reminder alarm in my system one that at a certain time each day it checks to see if its on, and if its off it would set the alarm off
Post Reply Post Reply
Once in a while, not too often, after I wake up for a trip to the bathroom and get back in bed I will fall asleep instantly without reattaching the hose. My wife is a light sleeper and I soon get a reminder in the form of a sharp nudge followed by a sharper one if needed. Works pretty well. One way to have an automatic alarm would be to set your smart phone for a daily alarm so if you forget to mask up and disable the alarm you would get a reminder at the preset time. However, your wife may not appreciate that method. Keep working at it and you will eventually come up with something that works for you.

You do not have the market cornered on forgetting things, we have my O2 concentrator in a spare bedroom due to heat and noise and that's my challenge, remembering to turn it on. 

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 10:37 AM)OpalRose Wrote:

Heres what to do:

Yes, I did mean alarm clock!   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
When I'm coming to bed, I put my mask on my pillow. Then when I'm ready to put my head on the pillow, I have to put the mask on.

If I'm lying in bed on my pillow, I'll put my mask on my chest or over my shoulder, so I don't forget it when I'm ready to go to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] new to forum, inexperienced, always tired, forgetting, cris2371 30 3,692 08-23-2020, 12:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Forgetting to put on my mask. Ibprettyle 8 1,946 01-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.