Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Keep waking up
Keep waking up
Hi
New to the forum. I'm a Phillips System One user with ResMed F10 Full Face mask (I'm a definite mouth breather) been using it with success from Jan 2014 to April 2016. Now I am struggling. When on my back lying flat, I keep waking up every hour with what I can only describe as "snort snore or even a throat flap", I also believe that I have caught myself snoring in the early morning hours when I doze lightly. I Spray Nasonex every night and my pressure is a constant 10 cmH20. Clinic has tried increasing the upper limits of Max pressure and now have switched to constant pressures of 9,10 and 11 to see if it is because there is too much delay in between min to max level being reached. Clinical reports see nothing wrong. One thing I do know, if I force myself to sleep on my side with the machine on, the occurrences are greatly reduced. However it is almost impossible to maintain side sleep because of the pressure point soreness on shoulders and hip from the bed. The constant waking up is as bad as sleep apnea. Does anyone have any hints to help me?

GK
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Keep waking up
How are you getting pressure points from the bed? Maybe you need a softer mattress. Typically folks here put a tennis ball or such in the back of their night shirt to keep from back sleeping. Start on your side and stay there with the ball preventing rollover.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sonic, thanks for answering. I understand what your saying in fact I purchased the expensive a soft Tempurpedic mattress, with hopes that it would lessen the shoulder pressure point pain that was happening from my very firm mattress from before. Now instead of waking up every half hour and switching to my other side I wake every hour and a half. Having to proceed like this very frustrating, I mean I bought into the time spent and treatment to be the solution, paid $2500 dollars for the machine and have spent another $1200 on different masks in hope that my health would improve. As well If I have to travel for work or pleasure I'm hooped for I doubt that accommodations will have the same mattress setup.
Post Reply Post Reply
What you are describing sounds like hypopnea or apnea. It sounds like me before CPAP. Have you put on weight since 2014? Started any medications? As a guess, it sounds like you now need a higher pressure to keep your airway open.

Which exact machine do you have? I am not familiar with the older machines, but I think that it was System One 60 series that is data capable. If so, download SleepyHead (link at top of page) and see what the data shows.
Post Reply Post Reply
I side sleep or sitting up. Laying on my back does not work. I do understand the pressure points.

Good luck Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GKsleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Well since its not the mattress, download Sleepyhead, post some data, and let the experts here assist you in improving your therapy and sleep.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 236 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 357 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 242 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 171 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 282 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 255 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.